antipornographyorgSadism & masochism are unhealthy mental disorders that harm people, not harmless "fetishes." SAY NO to ALL forms of #sexualabuse, including BDSM. ~
INFO: We're an affiliate sponsor of the #50DollarsNot50Shades campaign which has about 10 different organizations worldwide working on it. We're asking everyone to BOYCOTT the film & books & donate $50 instead to a local domestic violence shelter ~
Here are lists of shelters & organizations to donate to: ~
US: http://nnedv.org/resources/coalitions.html ~
CANADA: http://endvaw.ca/get-help ~
INT: http://www.hotpeachpages.net ~
Please also support this campaign at the official Facebook page for it! ~
Check out our own Facebook photo albums for all the images for this campaign & others: ~
For more info on the harms of Fifty Shades of Grey, see our page on it & the website below: ~
Thanks to the National Center on Sexual Exploitation for their excellent graphics, and to Stop Porn Culture, London Abused Women’s Center, Collective Shout & all other sponsors & supporters for your very helpful efforts & contributions! ~
If you’re at Twitter & would like lots of great 50 Dollars Not 50 Shades tweets to learn from & share, check out & follow the accounts of the sponsors above, plus the below 4 of our organization’s 7 accounts ~
Please SAY NO to Fifty Shades of Abuse & share these graphics & the TRUTH about Fifty Shades of Grey far & wide! Thanks! :-) ~
#FiftyShadesIsAbuse #50ShadesIsAbuse #FiftyShadesOfAbuse #50ShadesOfAbuse #FiftyShades #50Shades #FiftyShadesOfGrey #50ShadesOfGrey #FSOG #50SOG #FiftyShadesMovie #50ShadesOfGreyMovie #FiftyShadesOfGreyTheMovie #FiftyShadesFilm #50ShadesFilm #FiftyShadesOfGreyFilm #50ShadesOfGreyFilm #ChristianGrey #AnastasiaSteele #AnaSteele #ELJames #FiftyShadesDarker #FiftyShadesFreed #sadomasochism #domesticviolence #domesticabuse #vaw
- brooksie1002It's called sexual preference. If it's between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS, there is no issue. If it's between consenting adults, then it is NOT sexual/domestic abuse. It may not be what YOU are into, but it's not abuse. It is not a mental disorder. (No. This is not something I'm into, but it's not my place to judge what consenting adults do in the bedroom.). Where do you get your facts?
- morganpaigestacySee DSM-5..... 😳
- double_o_9dreaWatch people fight against the American Psychiatric Association. .. cause the book is "good"
- youarehiscreationHave you guys signed the petition? I don't like the movie/books either. https://www.lifesitenews.com/petitions/50-shades-boycott OR click the link in my bio 😊
- meggie_lala_Not going to fight against the american psychiatric association because the book of good but I will say that Christian is clearly messed up and has mental health issues to the extreme and is receiving mediocre help at the best. Who's going to stand up for his right to be helped rather than portray him as some evil monster. This is a man who at 15 was made a submissive to a woman way older than him.. That is real abuse, the same as being beaten and burnt as a child, not being in a relationship that you are happy to be in. Let's just try and put the 'abuse' in this book into perspective.
- firmrelianceMasochism is a mental disorder? Uh yeah okay, then all women have a natural born mental disorder.
- hislittlefoxgirlI am in a consensual bdsm relationship which is actually helping in my recovery from my mental illnesses. I don't condone 50 shades. however please realize there is a difference. also you don't have to be a sadist to be in the bdsm lifestyle. you don't have to be a masochist either. my therapist is fully aware of my bdsm relationship and has zero issues with it because of the progress I have made.
- plutonianboybdsm is not abuse.
- tears.of.goldxoSo if I spank someone in bed I'm mentally ill? That's horse shit.
- firmreliance@feminists_for_life correct
- firmreliance@feminists_for_life of course. And since you're a feminist, you obviously don't understand yourself. It's quite common that a man understands more about women than women do themselves. So you'll have to take my word for it.
- kaycielangeDamn, I thought this page was about not liking how bdsm was portrayed in 50 shades, not saying ACTUAL bdsm is a mental illness :/ (???!!???) What's wrong with wanting to be dominated or wanting to dominate your partner? If you both get off on your roll and both consent to it?
- electrareflection@kaycielange I agree with you. if there's a safe word and it is enjoyable for both parties than I say go ahead.
- electrareflectionoh yeah and ofc it has to be consensual ^^
- tinybbhactual, proper bdsm is not a mental disorder. fsog promotes false and incorrect information about bdsm and is abuse.
Log in to like or comment.