normancookIn my Redbook article ,some people have taken offense to my comments regarding feminism- if any of you are In the "biz" you are well aware of how words can be taken out of context. I'm completely blessed and grateful that strong women have paved the way for my success along with many others. I apologize if anyone was offended. Anyone that truly knows me, knows my heart and knows what I meant. ❤️
- maegmurphyDream dress @billydubya and maybe haircut???
- yanethhopeAs a public figure it's really telling when someone is not educate on the feminist movement and yes how these women have paved the way. I think what you are referring is that yes you have PRIVILEGE and that's so much different than truly understanding feminist history, theory and substance. It would been better if you had said- that you don't know what feminist politics are, instead of ascribing to the mass media notion of feminism @normancook
- ladybzoo@normancook you have nothing to apologize for. Feminism means having the choice to do one or even both. I also work because I love to, but I also get so much joy from making my husband a meal. Feminism and man hating/ domestic shaming seem to have become one and the same these days and that's a real shame.
- michaelj296Why are people such ass clowns? Even in apology isn't good for some. I say the hell with them.
- ericavillegas@chelseybrittles yes!!! 👏👏
- malibu_morgsyou don't need to apologize. just because you don't identify as a feminist doesn't mean you're against it. and the beauty of it is feminism is what gives you the choice to identify as one or not! I think it's awesome you pamper your husband; I hope to do the same some day as well. pampering your husband in no way means you're giving up your rights. I know you probably won't read this--but don't let the feminazis who hate anyone who isn't a feminist, make you feel bad. I'm a feminist and a passionate one at that, and nothing you said was offensive. xoxo.
- shannon_75Please don't let people bully you. My mom stayed home, raised 3 kids and looked after her man (my dad) and I'm grateful she did. Showing love to your hubby by cooking him dinner does not make you less of a woman! He's lucky to have you--as a hugely successful, accomplished actor still finding time to show him how important he is to you! :) kudos!
- sleepy_mountain@maggieparkhill my thoughts exactly!
- crystalgail0902I think so-called feminists need to learn the difference between 'equal rights' and 'nitpicking'.
- igivethemdatdeeJust listen to ***flawless by @beyonce and chimamanda adiche once.
- fly44dOk. So what is the answer? Are you a feminist? It isn't a matter of offense, it is a position. I suspect the answer is yes. Redbook probably shouldn't have published such a non-answer or even asked the question, being irrelevant to the interview or your work.
- laurenalex_xThere is nothing wrong with wanting to pamper your husband or act like a housewife. The problem is that you prescribed to the mass notion that feminism is a bad thing, that it only fights for women to be better than men. If you believe if equal rights for men and women, you're a feminist. If you believe you should be paid the same wage for a job as a man would, you're a feminist. Women paved the way but it isn't finished, women are constantly fighting to be EQUAL, not better. You were better off saying nothing in this case.
- hylybrggGood on you!!!! My husband is a stay at home dad and I pamper the shit outta him. He deserves it and it makes me happy. We are happy so who gives a rats hairy ass what others say about it. Be happy. U rock
- kaylaeknight@karsd9 hair
- geist0711From a hater I can say this was taken out of context. Lucky man.
- cyberkia7269These feminists are rabid. Calm down, she can have her own opinions. And so can all the people who believe femminism in the US and UK are a joke.
- mestupgoonieI hate tha you even had to apoligize, its called freedom of speech. Feminist like to punich men for saying insulting things to women, however it's okay for them to judge the opinions of other women. @hylybrgg My husband is a stay at home dad also. Every once in awhile I will find people who think it's not fare that I work full time while daddy stays at home, where people don't ever question why a mom stays at home.
- kafe1Fellow feminists, check out the site I built in response to Trump's supposed "locker room banter" - thepussyhasavoice.com
Log in to like or comment.