kaitlynfarrHere we go. The past few months have been really difficult. I’ve met with many specialists and they all confirmed I have congenital cervical stenosis of my spine, a condition I was born with and never knew I had until a recent fall in Austria led me to get an MRI. It’s taken me these few months to come to terms with my diagnosis and the fact that I must retire from competitive halfpipe snowboarding. I am so thankful for my friends, family and sponsors for their support throughout this time. It’s been an unbelievable run and I look forward to my next quarter century. Cheers to early retirement… http://es.pn/1DIIZzU. 📷 @hauc
- ozzytyson223O. And why not get on opie and Jimmy since you have some time freed up. I love your laugh
- sydneygreenlandSo sad to hear this I just want you to know that you were a huge part in why I started snowboarding and you couldn't have been a better ambassador for our sport. Good luck in whatever life brings your way.
- kjerstibuaasSo sad to hear this but I must say that you are amazing and I believe you will comity making magic whatever you choose to do 🙏
- jamiemblanchardBest of luck!
- ediggitynodoubtGot to see you in Sochi and was so impressed by your performance! All the best in life!
- megankroekerGod may be closing one door in you life, but he will always open a new one
- bruised_violetGo out on a high golden girl 💛
- jlamexoticsAlthough I am sad about it, still You Are the Best ! Love your style and never forget !
- jakemaranto15You are a great snowboarder and incredible to watch :) god bless you with whatever is next in your life!
- robclickPrayers fir you!! God Bless you!!
- byrnelucSo sorry to hear you are forced to retire from halfpipe but it's the right decision. You are superbly talented and will always be a champion no matter what you do. Keep smiling that big beautiful smile of yours @kaitlynfarr and good luck for the future xx
- lizdunn_So sorry to hear this. I know first hand what it's like to be paralyzed and never snowboard again. Definitely not something to take lightly. I miss it everyday. I am so glad that you can continue to ride. It might not be how things used to be but I think of you and am just so happy that your two minutes of paralysis ended and you were able to walk away. Keep riding for those who can't!
- vinnie_dub06So sorry to hear that! You shredded that pipe! It's time like these that one has to look at the positives in ones life. You're not paralyzed and u won a gold medal at the Olympics! Keep your head up!
- askpersenSad to see u gone. Lets hope its true what they say, one a legend falls another rises. And lets hope (s)he is awesome!
- nycrisbWell it's all about fun after all right? ;) let's just keep it mellow and ride on Kaitlyn ;D
- 974jessicuhhhI've looked up to you since watching you compete in the usasa series as kids. I can't imagine what you're going through Kaitlyn. At least you can still ride, even though it's got to be insanely difficult to skip the park/pipe. I don't know why these things happen, but maybe something good will come from it. You'll always be a part of the snowboard community💕 positive vibes @kaitlynfarr
- james.captain.harlockIt's sad that I can't watch you snowboarding at the pipe. But, thanks God, you still can snowboard.
- miss_snow22Good luck to you @kaitlynfarr! May your next quarter century bring you just a much awesomeness! 🙏👏😀❤
- montuckeynd#MelancholyMonday @kaitlynfarr #MonsterGirlMonday @monsterenergy #Olympic #Champion
Log in to like or comment.