directherShooting SELMA was beyond an honor. I don't even have a word for it. Just a few days left to go until I lock picture, which means I won't be able to touch the frames and move the images and refine the narrative anymore. It's a scary thing. And a lovely thing. Gotta begin to let it go. This time last year, I hadn't even started work on the script. Now, a year later, it's shot and done. What a year. What a blessing. Thanks to everyone on here for every comment, every "like," every supportive text and email, every hug when I see you. It felt good and it all helped. How a girl from Compton ended up directing the first studio feature film about Dr. King - I can't even tell you. The fact that it happened - has changed my life. Feeling sentimental this morning and had to share that. Much love. Much gratitude. xo
- petebrook@kathfont, @fromfontaine you following?
- jezra_mLove you!!!! You are power
- emanibeyU are loved.
- lovelymesbThe movie was brilliant... It bought me both happy and sad tears throughout the film
- brandonkloudBig fan of your work. I work freelance Art department in commercial/tv. Would love to Prop Assist on one of your feature films someday. 🙏 #empowered
- sweetg_reese@cassandradlevy motivation! Inspiring!
- the.bridgeeThank you so much for this film. It was a pivotal moment in my life
- royalcalantaMore than just a directHer...you are a modern day Shero. Thank you. Just emailed you :)
- lady_mansa_musaJust awesome I love being on set, I love production, I love everything about from script to exhibition... Seeing a female director, especially black doing her thing is sooooo friggin inspiring... #bravo 😍😍😍💋
- kristen_ward_God is incredibly incredible & those who love and live for Him carry his light. Keep shinning, Ava. And if you're up for an interview from your sister from AL, I'm all for it. Blessings to you love.
- filmmakerteryI love this shot! Hope to meet you one day Ava
- tracy_renee_art@directher I would love to work with you one day🎥
- oghenekaroiteneFantastic stuff @directher
- brazilianwavy4 my daughters and nephew. The image. The reflection.
- shyjackson13What a dream 🎬🎥
- airestdionI am in love with your spirit and energy. Continued blessings.
- jaypfilmSuch an incredible movie. Big fan 🎥
Log in to like or comment.