londoneaterthis is why I still think @medlarchelsea is the best in London. Roast veal, cepes, reblochon tart,Jerusalem artichoke, crisp brain. First off, I can see some of the past individual dishes now fused into this one. The cheese tart and the crisp brain for example. It's not just that Each component on the plate is perfectly cooked, and that there is the classic skills involved to make them, the sauces, the pastry, but it is the harmony of all these things coming together, in a spoonful, which is a flavour bomb, but also in total balance. Maybe I'm old school, but for me, restaurants are still about the hard work and professional skill involved to craft dishes. this stuff is timeless and does not kowtow to fashion. Another superb meal as usual. The bib is completely out of touch. And most amazingly, there is NOTHING in London of this quality at £30 for 3 courses!! Joe, David, bravo. You're still no.1 in my book.
- londoneaterAnd I drank this with a carafe of Ch. Margaux's 3rd wine , from 2009 as well! Not many restaurants can offer this at a *reasonable* price. For value at this quality , Medlar is simply peerless.
- magitamCrisp brain? As in brains fried to a crisp?
- magitamNow all they need to do is start posting images on their instagram profile!
- londoneater@magitam no just breadcrumb on the outside, the slightly 'creamy' texture still preserved inside :)
- magitamNice! Will definitely have to give it a try soon! Looks like a fantastic restaurant, judging by the food you enjoyed :)
- londoneater@magitam been coming here since they opened a few years ago, and it still my fav.! Really think it's awesome and nothing comes close at the price point,£30 for 3 courses
- tuckandvineNeed to go back. I though it was fantastic on last visit.
- magitamSounds like a great combination of excellent food and affordable price @londoneater ;)
- bakesyboy75Couldn't agree with you more @londoneater I'm due a visit back but still my favourite restaurant in London. The dishes look better than ever!
Log in to like or comment.