naughty_amelia_janeOkay, so during this boat trip, we were travelling through the largest archipelago in the world: Indonesia. And we were travelling through the area of Flores. That's where there are hundreds of tiny islands all very close together .
These islands were, at one point, one landmass. So between each island is a huge sandbank right under the surface of the water, making it very tricky and dangerous for boats navigating the area .
That's why when you see boats in these waters, just like in this photo and the previous one, there's always one little man sat right on the prow staring earnestly into the water and waving his hands either one way or the other (at the same time as smoking, of course), indicating to the captain the course to take in order to stay in waters that are deep enough for the boat.
- hadley1The purpose of life is to live it and you live it to the full... I'm envious
- gurnam_Adventurous indeed ... tough navigation in such areas 👍👍
- raghuvirThis makes me want to go there
- naughty_amelia_jane@hadley1 thanks so much Steve for the lovely words 😃😃 remember: we all die but we don't all live 😉
- naughty_amelia_jane@bombayed thanks Jay :)
- naughty_amelia_jane@gurnam_ lucky all I had to do was sit back and relax with a beer! 😜
- naughty_amelia_jane@raghuvir really? I'm flattered ☺️ you know what you gotta do then, don't you?
- kooljattLove the clarity
- hadley1Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who's died has lived
- naughty_amelia_jane@hadley1 that's what I said 😂😜😜
- naughty_amelia_jane@kooljatt thank you 😚😚
- welly.umkarowaw keren
Log in to like or comment.