bostonbounddadAs I prepared everything to toe the line tomorrow to run 26.2 miles I was reminded of some things. Ever since I began this journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon a little over a year ago, I have logged many miles but more importantly learned many things about running and about life. I was challenged early on to distance myself from negative people who try and lower your motivation and decrease your ambition, creating space for positive people to come into your life. They who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you. I am so very thankful for all the kind words of support from my friends and family. Now I won't toe the line tomorrow with a BQ time in my sights but it will be one more step completed in this journey. I will go out tomorrow with the same mentality I go into every training run with, day in and day out.
There are people out there who may be more talented than me...but I will make sure they don't work as hard as me..there are people who may think I am more talented than them...I will also make sure I work harder than them... Working hard is important to me because I represent God and I want to be a great reflection for Him. “let us run with endurance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus…” Hebrews 12:1-2
- lucki.she.runsAwesome! You will do great things with a positive attitude. I'm excited for you & wish you the best of luck!! @bostonbounddad
- lisajpeterson👤good luck Jeff!! 👊
- gofastmommyGood luck!! All your hard will will pay off I know it!
- mimbenjaminGood luck!! 😊🏃💨💨💨💨
- chelsidanaeRun hard!!
- jessruns6813@bostonbounddad you are such an inspiration! Will be praying for you tomorrow, give it your best and run it for God! Can't wait to see how it goes!
- thelittlerunnergirlMy miles are for you tomorrow! Rock it! @bostonbounddad
- runlstoiiYou can do it!!! Good luck my friend! 👍👍👍
- jazzguy4himYou go out there and get it done my brother.607
- jazzguy4himYou can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you.
- velvet_r_o_s_e@bostonbounddad Goodluck ! You can do it and you can achieve your goal ! God is with you !
- just_run_qYou Got This @bostonbounddad!!! Good Luck! #greatmotivation
- stlrunner29Good luck on your run tomorrow!
- hitthafloor@bostonbounddad good luck. I'm cheering you virtually. I'm honoured to have watched your training.
- shauna_shinesGodspeed to you.
- myethree@bostonbounddad good luck!!! You got this!!! Gonna kill it. Can't wait to hear all about it!
- themightydrdaniGonna crush this! Looking forward to the finish photo!!
- dbl1371Best wishes for a light and easy run @bostonbounddad 🙏
- crissylasloThis gave me goosebumps!!! Hope your run went great!!!👍
- corystrangeLove this!!
Log in to like or comment.