And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when He had made a scourge of small cords, He drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, "Take these things hence; make not My Father's house an house of merchandise." And His disciples remembered that it was written, "The zeal of Thine house hath eaten Me up."
- gingershellsSo when will Christians take down Capitalism? Lol
- fichyrocksz@laury_bella_love so true
- rebeccaljcole@maryissa1 Jesus saw that the people were warping the purpose of the Fathers house by selling things in the temple. This wasn't glorifying to God so His wrath was poured out by driving out all things that were defiling the temple of the Lord. It wasn't meant to look like God hating this, God was hating the sin that was involved. He wanted to cleanse the temple from the sin that was allowing it to become a place for Satan to cause greed and manipulation. Jesus was glorifying God and riding the temple of sin.
- the__witching_hourgod is a myth @jessaseewald
- ry.flanigan"an house of merchandise"
- brooklyn_statham@tandem_war_elephant "god" is a myth but God is the one and only
- brooklyn_stathamMy God is not a myth
- brooklyn_stathamI don't know who you are talking about
- brooklyn_statham@tandem_war_elephant if you are going to talk trash about God then plz don't even comment on someone's picture about
- brooklyn_stathamsorry @jessaseewald if this embarrassed you but I was just trying to defend YOU and OUR God
- pandasnbellesSpeaking poorly of God will only hurt the speaker when they meet Him.
- mrsmac721LOL My pastor has used this example MANY times.
- victoriarobckeThe Jesus fandom calling out the fakers
- kat.courts^ hhaha
- blahblahblah395I don't get this can someone explain it to me
- samantha_beswitherickOk @jessaseewald so I decided to post on this old picture because I thought it was the best chance of you seeing it but maybe I am wrong and maybe this is someones fake accont and u wont even see this but I really want to ask you somthing. is there anyway I can get in contact with Joy-anna? From what ive seen I think shes realitivly the same age as me. Probably a million people ask this question but I am a fellow christian looking for a prayer partner. My family and our church are being attacked by the devil right now and need as much prayer as possible. Thank you for reading this and commenting and if u dont it was a plesure writing it and I hope you pray for me!! :)
- rapunzel_1099Heyy.. This is probably really random but I was I guess stalking like everyone else does😂 and saw your comment earlier comment saying you didn't understand this. From how I see it, everyone now (especially after the Supreme Court ruling) just wants to take the part of God being a loving God out of the Bible and forget everything else. He is a loving God. He loves all of us. But judgment day will come. Sin does exist and is punishable. The pic is of God when the people were using the temple as a place to sell things. This angered God and he punished them. The picture is saying that nowadays, if God did this "Christians" would be saying he wasn't acting like God. The "Christians" would be wrong sadly. God does love and is merciful, but sin is sin and someday God will be our judge on judgment day. As a Christian, I'd honestly rather know that I'm sinning and try to make my life right, then hear Him say "depart from me for a I never knew you"😔 I hope this helped❤️ sorry that it's a book😂 @rebecca.online
Log in to like or comment.