jeremycowartJason Brown // @jasonbrown0 // 34 // CEO of Aroluxe Marketing // Previous question from Reese: "I just lost my Daddy. How do you deal with the loss of a loved one?" Jason's answer: "Reese, first off I'm very sorry for your loss. Second, I know how you feel. I lost my dad 35 days ago today in a freak accident, and I miss him so much. "How do you deal with the loss of a loved one?" For me, my answer has been a single word "God". I'm extremely weak in a lot of areas, including understanding what's best for the world. So I chose to do it with God, because without God death is the end, but with God death is the beginning of something that God tells me is glorious for my dad. Without God, a burial is a permanent rest below, but with God a burial is temporary until my dad is raised up again. Without God, I don't get to see my dad again, but with God, I get to see and hug and talk and kiss him again one day - so I chose with God. I wasn't built to "deal" with death or loss, so God does it for me. He wraps up the confusion, the emptiness, and the heartache in perfect wisdom, love, and understanding and he hands it to me in every situation - when I'm strong and want to do everything that I think my dad would want me to accomplish and when I'm alone in my car, and a song that reminds me of him comes on and I break down and cry, God gives me exactly what I need at that moment. That doesn't mean that it's easier or hurts any less, it just means that I'm not alone and I know that I don't have to deal with the "loss", because it's not a loss, it's just a temporary separation.
Jason's question for the next subject: "What do you think your purpose here on earth is?"
- frentzneptuneNice answer! And i am excites to hear the about our purpose on earth.
- beingharisSuch a wonderful thought put down beautifully..
- rachelpullen@jasonbrown0 I'm very sorry for the loss of your father. that was such a perfect and timely response. Beautiful. @jeremycowart thank you for posting these. I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. Prayers for you all.
- jonlevymusicBeautiful. 😊
- leilalarsonSo well said.
- jeslanierlost my dad in January.. it hasn't stopped hurting but I couldn't do it without Jesus either! my constant.
- alishashaJust lost my dad a month ago. Loss or suffering is the one thing that units us as humans - my heart is broken and I'm trying to adjust to life without him - I know heaven is real but it feels so far away.
- kenny_kimSuch a great idea Jeremy!
- mybigbluewhaleThank you
- awie@williamliee you should read this *hugs from the Soong . Be strong ya 🙏🙏🙏
- williamlieereally true 😢. Thank you @awie @fensoong God bless u guys!
- frederikjanseThis is such a great idea! Love hearing these strangers "talk".
- marissahyattJust got chills from this answer. Love it!
- shari537Doesn't seem accidental that they both lost their dads recently ❤️
- missduke24What a profound response. Love this series!
- sundilouWow! Love this series.. I especially love this response. Without God is one thing not so great.. With God is something glorious.
- kyle.kingdommindedThat response...perfect. @jasonbrown0
- hannahroehrickLove your answer, @jasonbrown0. I lost my dad last year and, if not for God, I don't feel as if I would have been left with any hope. It's nice to have Him as a constant in such a tumultuous world. ^_^
Log in to like or comment.