il_photos#QuintKessenich says the time is now for a #shotclock in #collegelacrosse. Do you agree? Check out his article on InsideLacrosse.com. #lax #lacrosse #laxshotclock #ncaalax
- lax_forum@lax_forum yes u guyes r stupid., more people will want to attend lacrosse games if the game is faster. So therefore we need a shotclock. Nobody wants to be entertained by a boring slow paste game , and because of the stalling we need a shotclock.
- patriot_stringingNo the game is great as it is I hate the mll 2 point line and shot clock. Why not just make it like all the other games? Collage hs and youth are great how they are now.
- kamoomoo12Having a shit cool in college lacrosse takes away the play building and time it takes for players to think. If you add a shit clock you put too much pressure on players to make bad decisions and make goalies see too many shots
- ianian002Absolutely, but not 60 seconds, 90 is a good number
- jdcole_37@kamoomoo12 it shouldn't take over a minute to execute a play... Pressure isn't a bad thing and I believe that it will have a positive impact on offenses as well as rewarding defenses for doing a good job. Goalies will see a ton of shots no matter what.
- jdcole_37Rewarding the defense for playing well is more than enough of a reason to implement a constant shot clock in my opinion. Wanting to keep the game "traditional" should never be used as an argument for Anti-shot clock.
- kamoomoo12@jdcole_37 the only problem I really have with a shot clock is that it takes away from then integrity of the game. It becomes a different game altogether
- jdcole_37Lacrosse, just like many other sports, should continue to evolve to suit the needs of the player base and it's fans. I
- jdcole_37@kamoomoo12 i don't agree with that at all. Reducing the amount of time to make a decision is a big deal sure, but it doesn't change the game as a whole.
- kamoomoo12@jdcole_37 I don't understand what's wrong with it right now?
- kamoomoo12@jdcole_37 the sport is the best it's ever been with players and teams that know not to elongate plays and make the game boring
- jdcole_37@kamoomoo12 stall is still a very real issue. And leaving the 30 sec call to the discretion of the refs is a very shaky solution to that. A shot clock would be consistent, and waaaay less confusing to the audience and even players. Also lime I mentioned before, defenses will be rewarded for playing well without having to go for risks trying to double or play a man out to where you can be beat. A shot clock in my opinion would encourage offensive creativity as well as guaranteeing more touches for the opposing teams offense. This will ultimately lead to closer games or at the very least, the HOPE that a team can make a comeback.
- kamoomoo12@jdcole_37 we're gonna have to agree to disagree
- theincredibleholc6@kamoomoo12 it's called the fastest game on two feet. Anything that can speed up the game and increase the entertainment value of the game should be attempted
- stonehandz19Not 60 seconds more time
Log in to like or comment.