The haunted light keepers house at #HecetaHeadLighthouse #realoregon Heceta Head is named for Bruno de Heceta, a Spanish navigator and explorer, who surveyed the Oregon coast in 1775. The lighthouse was constructed between 1892 and 1893 and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The head lightkeeper’s  house was demolished and the lumber purchased for $10 in 1940 following the move from kerosene to electricity to power the lighthouse. The salvaged wood was used to construct the Alpha-Bit Café in nearby Mapleton.
388 likes
Log in to like or comment.