foodrevThis weeks #FoodRevFriday are these lovely fresh #beetroots - how do you like to eat your beets? Do you have any cool recipes or inventive ways to use them?
- alainainspiredJuiced with apples and carrots!
- onesmalloakOver roasted, then tossed through baby spinach, honey balsamic dressing, sprinkled with walnuts and goats feta.
- enzapopCheck out IncrediPops they have a unique beet Pop
- vallefreshca@foodrev pickled, fermented, kvass
- kathrynthurstonRoasted in a bed of salt, served on Malabar spinach, with chèvre and spiced nuts. 😍
- unclenathanshotsauce1Simmer in vinegar , ginger and Ghost Peppers for 20 minutes . Then blend. Makes an amazing hot sauce
- wendywolffJuiced with pears and carrots!
- sarahbullock6I love them although others think they taste like dirt @electricsheep6 and @brendamay1965 but then again I ate dirt by the handfuls as a child :)
- mariluaaaBoiled, peeled, sliced, place in a dish, drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, pink rock salt, sliced hard boiled eggs on top. Enjoy!
- newroaderBeetroot cake! Mixture is pink but cooked cake comes out yellow. Magic for children :)
- yodasmomI love pickled beets. Mm'mm.
- talitadaigleMy mom always puts beets in our potato salad, so pink potato/beet salad with mayo!!! Yummm
- jahlionessI enjoy them in salads and juice. And i dry them and then in powder form and use as a colourant. In my how diy makeup
- hmafjRoasted, then crumble on feta cheese for a fresh, warm, sweet and zingy salad
- caykolikI love it as a dip sauce. Mix well some pickled beetroots, yoghurt, feta cheese, salt and fresh thyme in a food processor. And it's sooo delicious! Eat it with ovendried "yufka" (it's kind of a very thin tortilla we use it in Turkey)
- jicrandall100Pickled = yummy
- rawinsideoutI just had this for breakfast yesterday. It was supposed to be a carrot and beetroot based juice, but all of a sudden I felt like something more substantial so this is what I ended up enjoying: 1. JUICE a large handful each of chopped beetroot and carrot 2. BLEND the above with 1 avocado, 1/2 clove of garlic and a sliver of ginger 3. SPRUCE UP with salt, pepper and cayenne. It becomes the fluffiest of soups. And by the way, its all raw so you've got all those living nutrients dashing through your body. Beautiful!
- foodplexThe Colors of FOOD !
- kphyfe423Beet salad with supreme oranges and sliced almonds!
Log in to like or comment.