kristasimmonsI grew some tomatoes and basil and put burrata on them. It's been one of my best life decisions thus far.
- foodventuremade me wish I had a green thumb; even the potted basil I bought in the market went from bright green to wilted in less than a week!
- claudiaw310What is burrata?
- kristasimmons@claudiaw310 Burrata is basically a pillowcase of mozzarella filled with luxuriously creamy cheese curds. See also: proof there is a God.
- claudiaw310Definitely gave to try sounds yummy! Everything!
- bluegatefarmAre those from the plants I gave you? Either way, yay!!
- kristasimmons@urbanschmurban they are! The cherry tomatoes went off like crazy! What are the yellow and red ones shaped like San Marzanos called? They are also mega yum!
- joycecsimmonsGood job!
- bluegatefarmI think they WERE San Marzanos :). Mine had yellow coloring too which makes me think they might have been mislabeled. That's the fun of getting someone else's starts. Half tempted to not label again next year, just for kicks.
- kristasimmons@urbanschmurban That element of surprise watching them grow is pretty amazing. I imagine this is the same joy parents get when their kid grows up to be a Harvard grad or something. They are so beautiful and TASTY!
- bluegatefarmFYI those red cherry tomatoes were labeled at the nursery "yellow pear". Not so much! :). But still good.
- erlindac_123@kristasimmons ... Yes! The red are very lovely also ❤️
Log in to like or comment.