hallaskoWith a heavy heart...
On Sunday, July 6, 2014 Hal Lasko passed away. It was just a few weeks shy of his 99th birthday.
Hal was surrounded by his family as he left this world after dealing with complications of a stroke that happened just a few days ago. Up until the last few hours - The "Pixel Painter" was still talking about painting and his projects.
We know he is already busy planning his next work of art - a man who found beauty in the smallest objects - we can only imagine the divine landscapes he will now see and experience.
Thank you for helping us show Grandpa Hal how truly talented he was during this last year. He was amazed and touched by your kind words and appreciation of his work. He spent his 98th year traveling near and far to discuss his artwork, saw his paintings appear in Microsoft's Superbowl commercial, and attended his first solo gallery show.
We miss you Grandpa Hal, thank you for showing us how to live a life full of passion and inspiration.
Hal Lasko July 28, 1915 - July 6, 2014
- basakgurbuz@hallasko he'll always be in our hearts and his paintings will live forever. Deepest sympathies from Istanbul.
- mariaisabelmotaThanks for sharing this sad and private news. His work has always inspire me. I will remember him through his legacy. Abrazos desde México.
- linachngDeepest sympathies. Hal, thank you for a lifetime of inspirational work. The world is lucky to have so many beautiful things to remember you by. 💛💙💚❤️
- turo_artDeepest sympathies. From a big fan and enjoy all of your work and talent. You are an inspiration to most and an amazing person. God bless
- jess_rbirdMy sympathies to you. He was an inspirational man that created beautiful images. I enjoyed seeing his work and am very sad at this news. God bless
- andrewsf81A man who defined inspiration and class. The genuine article. Truly honored to have met him and heard him speak this year. His work and legacy will live on for generations to come.
- theresa_mtnviewWhat an amazing man!
- christheotHe put a positive light on low vision and how even someone in his 90s can find a passion in life despite his vision loss. Kudos to his family for their support also. I think he was a great man! Loved seeing his work.
- dozzy_xA remarkable man with a fantastic attitude to life. Whilst you may have passed, I hope your art and your outlook on life remains in all the people you reached. Thanks Hal, from London.
- mateoxabadRest in peace Hal, saludos desde Ecuador
- ladyvintageinloveI will miss u!!! 1 star joint to the sky. U.u
- annriellRest in Peace, Grandpa Hal 😔
- lr_hnklSo sorry. My thoughts are with you all.
- lolivaccaroRest in peace, he was an inspiration to us all😔
- shanaoutrichWhat an amazing human being! RIP grandpa Hal 🌟🌟
- andrealopesfotosI am sad now that i know! I feel so sorry!! I will share always all his great spirit and paitings with my Brazilian students from the gerontology program. Please, even so far away, i want you guys know how happy all single new paint make me feel!! Thanks all his family, specially the grandsons, for trust and empowered his talent in old age!! All of it is a good exemple and new models of intergeneration relationships, still so rare in the world!! Love always !!
- elias.jm.garciaWhen i first saw the video that the family made about Hal, I was blown away. He was clearly a man full of love and talent, and the world is lesser without him. After a long journey of 98 years, Hal is finally back home. Rest in peace, Hal. You touched more people's lives than you could ever have imagined.
- mashigo1esqSo sad to hear of his passing:(He was (is) such an inspiration and his story will most definitely give Hope to many thousands if not millions of others. Thank you for sharing him with the world. To the rest of the family, keep his work going and let his legacy lives on. Blessings!!
- designatiusGrandpa was so inspiring. Thanks for sharing his unbelievable story/art and most importantly his admirable life attitude. You should be so proud!
Log in to like or comment.