hefe_steele4th of July snowboarding on Mount Rainier.
- hefe_steele@hike_kayak_snowboard yes, depending on the objective. Muir camp on Rainier is the perfect place to learn
- pacificnickwestYeah @hefe_steele I'm trying to get some experience! Almost got all the gear, just need some people to follow haha
- hefe_steele@hike_kayak_snowboard totally understand. Email me and maybe we can get into the backcountry one day soon: email@example.com.
- hefe_steele@hike_kayak_snowboard also, join the Facebook group 'splitboarders of Washington.' People are always liking for touring partners on there
- pacificnickwest@hefe_steele wow that is exactly the info I needed! Thanks man!
- thevillagestyleLove this!
- hefe_steele@thevillagestyle thanks!
- alwaysascending72Again, this is so great!
- ladydi143Love this!!!!!
- teodadIt seemed like rocks lie between Muir snow field and both Paradise Glacier and Panorama Point area, is that true? Also, Golden Gate into Shirley Basin required a walk across rocks, do you go Mazama Ridge and walk the road up to Paradise?
- hefe_steele@teodad it really all depends upon snow conditions. Two weeks ago, there was continuous snow from the Muir snowfield to Panorama point. Now there are a few rock sections. We usually ride from Muir snowfield down to Mazama ridge (?) and into Edith creek basin, which takes you back to the lodge. Yesterday, on our descent, we left the Muir snowfield at 8,200 feet and dropped the Nisqually Chute to the toe of the Nisqually glacier, and then climbed back out to Alta Vista.
- teodad@hefe_steele thanks, pretty much what we experienced; how long does it take to hike from White River campground to bottom of Interglacier? How long from there to top of boardable terrain?
- hefe_steele@teodad I haven't been on tat route in about three weeks. Last time I was there, we had to hike about 3 miles until continuous snow. From there, it was skinable all the way up to Steamboat prow, and skiable back down to glacier basin
- theadventuresofourlifeAhh that looks savage!!!!
- saramich3lle1@hefe_steele damn!
Log in to like or comment.