statedeptHappy #4thofJuly! Charles Peale's portrait of Thomas Jefferson shows the former President and Secretary of State in 1791, fifteen years after he penned the Declaration of Independence, which was signed on #July4th in 1776. Test your American history knowledge - which of the following statements about Jefferson isn't entirely true?
1) He was only 33 years old when he authored the Declaration of Independence.
2) Five years before he became the country's first Secretary of State, he served as a diplomat in France.
3) He died on July 4, 1826, the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
4) President John Adams died on the same day as Jefferson. Jefferson's last words were "Adams still survives."
- jeffreylauckLast one. Adams said "Jefferson still survives."
- thatsmsdawn2uThis is what legends are made of!
- mbjeromeThis is should be a portrait of John Adams the person who really got the declaration approved and was the voice of @louisjerome
- slipp.sUSA что вы делаете, ваш придурок Абама убивает народ. Копченый шел бы ты лесом 🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺
- leortiz67Last one: Each one, Adams and Jefferson on their death beds, said the other survives. They died hours apart. Can't recall which one died first, I think Jefferson.
- julietritzNumber 4
- louisjeromeThank gd for men like #Washington #Hamilton who fought to make these words a reality
- arbabamhoseynDown whit israel , Down whit zion !
- anna.f.willno. #4 is true
- aidan.carey@statedept I think most people forget that it was John Adams who had fought to enforce the Declaration of Independence.
Log in to like or comment.