nasaRio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo seen from International Space Station:
Astronaut Reid Wiseman on the space station captures an image of Rio de Janiero and Sao Paulo as the station orbits the Earth. Sao Paulo is the farthest cluster of lights on the right side and Rio de Janeiro is closer to the middle of the picture. There are three World Cup 2014 stadium cities in one picture: Arena de Sao Paulo, Estadio Mineirao (Belo Horizonte), and Estadio Do Maracana (Rio de Janeiro). As fans around the world tune in to World Cup 2014, a few fans out of this world will be watching, too. United States astronauts Reid Wiseman and Steve Swanson and German astronaut Alexander Gerst will be cheering on their teams from some 230 miles above Earth aboard the International Space Station.
Image credit: NASA/Reid Wiseman
#ISS #exp40 #worldcup #worldcup2014 #brazil #space #nasa #earth
- jarodluedeckerThat's a sweet picture! @ritagolovina
- ritagolovinaDid you read the caption? @jarodluedecker
- jarodluedeckerYeah about the World Cup! @ritagolovina
- jucigleiceLindo! Isso é Brasil 💛💚💙
- eternalwaitt@succubusisdead no sign of intelligent life here
- crisbayern@cuzek @blossomiiiii i can spot my city here
- cuzek@crisbayern wow how can u do that
- crisbayern@cuzek being a map geek since i was a child ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ pretty easy to identify there actually
- angelicaolivcardenasBello mi planeta
- koji97@_fabifabi damn that's awesome
- enansouzaSP my home , best place
Log in to like or comment.