moriahpeters"I was in a very destructive relationship. I made bad choices with the people I let into my life. Dating this guy was one of them.
Growing up, I felt like I had to perform in order for God to love me and I had the same view of the guy I was with. A lot of us girls are not fostered to think we're special, so it's hard to leave if you don't believe that you deserve better. The enemy put doubts in my head, like, 'Will I always be alone? If I don't have the destructive parts of my life, am I going to discover that I'm super messed up?' When I started reading the Bible and seeing how much God loves me, I realized that I do deserve better. I felt like he was speaking to me so clearly, 'This is not your path. Being with someone who doesn't think you're special is not good for you. There's another life.' I started listening to that voice instead.
God is not absent, He equips us for action. When I finally made the decision to leave that abusive situation, He was there to catch me and give me a completely different life. It's a giant step to take but there is so much freedom in it." #YouAreBRAVE
- meagruTienes que leerlo @karinaaovando
- vini.samuelPowerful.. I thank for the freedom we receive! He sets free the bound and weak!!🙌🙌🙌
- vini.samuelThank God*
- teriamurphy@celimosley You are brave. This is a beautiful story of love and courage. Thank you for sharing. ❤️
- ymeldrumLove and thank you for sharing Truth
- perla_not_pearlaI should sing set a fire
- pleazmom6Wow! Sounds like my life story! It was so terribly hard for me to walk away from the life of destruction. Now my eyes are open and on God and I can say for the first time in my life I am genuinely happy. And I owe it all to him. He is my rock, my Savior.
- slpillsburySo encouraging. Thank you for sharing and exhorting us to be brave. Well done!
- eleeshhWow... Does this amazing lady have an instagram? I would love to follow her through her journey of discovering love... I'm kind of on the same boat @moriahpeters
- moriahpeters@ellieeshh yes her whole story is incredible! @celimosley 😘 she is now happily married to an amazing man of God!
- moriahpeters@slpillsbury @ymeldrum @cila27 @brittstewy @addison_baker I'm so blessed that you each have been encouraged by my dear friend's story. Our Father is a brilliant author!
- moriahpeters@pleazmom6 amen!
- addison_baker@moriahpeters Yes he is! I low your music and your story as well. You have inspired me to save my first kiss for my wedding day. I have also been encouraged through your music to share my own musical gifts with others! God bless you!
- pleazmom6I somehow went on with my life because I had this blurred belief that as long as I believed that Jesus died for me I was going to heaven no matter what . It didn't matter how my life was or what direction it was heading. I had a wonderful relationship with God. Then it all crumbled when I thought I was strong enuf to do things my way. I turned away from reading his word & going to church. Isolated myself, ashamed of my life. Of ME. But God spoke to me through music & I have turned my life around. I need God in my life daily, his word is my guide. I am nothing without him . I learned that the hard way....
- amandagary@andreaannette - 😘 the thing that helped me a fee years ago
- andreaannette@amandagary this is amazing!
- nomore.silenceYES he's is there to catch you
Log in to like or comment.