jessseinfeldThis is the worst virtual place on Earth. Ask.fm. Your teenagers know about it...and it's so much wrong. Time Magazine offers a great piece in this week's issue re: narcissism in our culture today and how we seek anonymous validation. And how it can go terribly wrong. Like it does so often on Ask.fm. I axed it at my house in less than 10 seconds.
- rebeccalarson_Okay I'm dumb. I have no clue about this site, but did see my nephew (age 12) has it on his IG profile.
- jessieferreira76Banned here too!!!
- melissaa_evansThank goodness my teen has no interest! She's aware of it tho...
- mrs._vo1Thanks for sharing. My kiddo is 11, so far not a member of any social websites. Although she's shown interest. Ugh
- fleischerazStaying on top of your kids social media accounts is so important! I hear so many moms say they don't have time to monitor or that they trust their kids. Ugh so naive! Thank you for speaking out. I have earned the title of Social Media Stalker in my house and I am proud of it! This one is banned. @jessseinfeld
- oraadinaThank you for pointing this out. No sarcasm.
- mamaboo2Yes!! It's the devil!! Thank you
- jjarratt@jessseinfeld I couldn't agree with you more!! My kids are 17 and 14 and thank god they have no interest in reading negative comments about themselves! That's one social media site we all agree is horrible!
- a_s_k_mcmachan@danavanbananas is this that website you were talking about awhile back??
- jecregoAsk.fm is counterproductive to raising kind, empathetic kids not to mention its just downright evil. It needs to be banned.
- stephfjeldCompletely agree. It is a horrible website. I have banned it from my house as well. Another really horrible one is KIK or Kik.
- lorenlawson4Amen!! This and snap chat. AWFUL!! @jessseinfeld
- susanmgunningI have 4 kids and my older ones showed me this site a few years back.. I'm happy to report that they were also disgusted with it. A few hurtful comments, some crying and..done. It is just awful...
- that_athletic_chick_I had the account a while ago but I received a lot of hurtful comments and spent most nights crying myself to sleep but i deleted it and now I feel so much better and so much more conected to god
- adrianadouzos@mrsstavros agreed.
- zenjenbee@jessseinfeld I've been very vocal about this at home... Receiving tremendous community backlash... It's insane... Both of my kids have been bullied on it... School can't ban it... My friend is a USDA... Said it's based in Ukraine and hard to shut down.... Some countries have succeeded in doing so.... It's so dangerous...if we shut it down we still have yik yak, whisper, formspring... Etc.... Do you have ideas?
- fernandosalasny@jessseinfeld as a parent you along with your husband #JerrySeinfeld, as any decent parent in a sane #society, share a prerogative to ban what you feel is needed to "protect" those in your household, no one one has to agree with everything out there in the digital landscape or in the physical world for that matter. to both of you for taking a part in your children's lives as it is unfortunate many irresponsible parents just do NOT even have a clue of what is going in their kid's life! You also state in this photo's caption: "This is the worst virtual place on Earth. Ask.fm. Your teenagers know about it...and it's so much wrong." Your opinion declaring ask.fm the worst place on Earth and hating on @iljaterebin and @markterebin's ask.fm website is rather misplaced and an easy cop out. What exactly makes this legal website wrong? Despite what communications critics say, digital media technologies are enabling us to produce new modes of communication. Shifting your effort and placing the real blame on the #cyberbullies who ruin the digital evolution of communication is a much better task. Those really concerned should be asking themselves the following questions and questions of the sort: * What exactly is the cause of these bullies existence? * Who are they really? * Do they exhibit any behaviors prior to acting as bullies and if they do how do we stop them before it even starts to affect others? * Is this an environmental, psychological issue or something else? Answering these questions, and teaching (by parents and educators alike): the real dangers of how what is online can truly affect us offline, along with proper respect, correct morals, responsible #cyber etiquette, actually benefits us all in our online and offline communities in the long run...
- adrianadouzosThank you SO much for this post. Simple tag here and I was able to share with my sis in a sec (she had a convo with her 10 son as site off her radar). Cheers!
- danavanbananas@aliciamcmachan. YES.
Log in to like or comment.