drandallblytheHere's me with Dave Brockie & Brad Roberts of GWAR in 2006. Brad & I are still here, but Dave is gone- accidental heroin overdose, as many of you heard today. Not that it really matters, because dead is dead, but I don't think Brockie was a stone cold junkie when he died- he couldn't have done all that he did if he was strung out. He partied hard at periods, but I think he was more of a drug dabbler. But there's a lesson here- dabbling with drugs kills people dead every day, just like being fully addicted does. I am so fucking sick of my friends dying from alcohol & drugs. Really, really, tired of it- some of them die slow in the throes of addiction, & some of them die after just doing something stupid one night after a party. Some if them fuck around and fuck around and fuck around..."I'll get sober one day..." For most of them, that day comes for sure- when we put them in a casket. It's better to be alive when you get sober. In this photo I was still drinking- I am a FULL BLOWN ALCOHOLIC. When I drink, I do crazy, really ill stuff. But I am a sober man today. I LIVE FREE. I might die surfing in the ocean tomorrow, but I will go out doing what I love, not choking on my own vomit. Besides that, I can just try & help others, so I'm writing this to YOU- YES, YOU- you, the one who can't stop drinking & getting fired & pissing off your wife, you the one who steals pills from you friend's medicine cabinet, you the one who is in a dark hole & wants to die & the only thing that fixes it for a little while is a drink or a drug- WAKE UP. GET HELP. STOP. PLEASE, I'M FUCKING BEGGING YOU. YOU CAN DO IT. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET SOME HELP. If I can do it, ANYONE CAN, because I was a TOTAL WRECK for YEARS. Just get some help, goddamn it. And if you haven't started, don't. JUST DONT. There is NOTHING cool about being an alcoholic, a drug addict, or dead. Trust me. For the love of God, just don't start. Please.
- metallicalover0323I'm so glad you are sober and also care enough about others to warn them like this. Love and respect!
- stepph_michelle@drandallblythe Going to see Danzig in about 2 weeks in Montebello, Quebec. Got to see LOG last summer in Montebello too at Rockfest! Farthest I've traveled and have gotten to see LOG (approx 12 hrs). Pretty sick lineup this year, can't wait to go again.
- x0xmistressofdoomx0x@drandallblythe I just lost my former husband of 15 years on March, 15. He was a severe alcoholic/pill head. I left him 2 years ago because I couldn't handle the man he was while he was intoxicated. He ultimately died, alone, in his sleep...from the very thing I feared so much while we were together. Alcohol & pills. Fuck. Its just not worth it. He wasted his life. He was an amazing guitar player...had so much potential, but he drank it all away. So fucking pointless. I'll never understand. My condolences to you friend, for your loss as well.
- roboticempireGood onya Randy
- darksyn81Stay safe my Brother!!!
- drandallblythe@kristenrandall ❤️🙏
- sn33kyd_xiii@drandallblythe you've inspired me since I was in grade school. And now you give me an entirely new inspiration. Dude you have really come a long way. Fight hard.
- _witchfinder_@drandallblythe I just watched Skullhedface and laughed so hard it sounded like I was sobbing. I was wondering were you in the movie at all? I didn't see your name anywhere, so I assume you weren't.
- deathbatuniversityThis really hits me hard because for 2 years my older brother was a heroine junkie. No matter what we tried he wouldn't listen and I'm pretty sure he nearly died a multitude of times. He'd had his close friends die from it, yet he didn't give a flying fuck because it made him 'feel good'. He's been clean for about a year now because when he was all doped up he got his girlfriend pregnant and they had a kid, and she did drugs the whole time she was pregnant. He's told me that if he had a chance to do it again, he wouldn't hesitate. He hasn't even graduated high school because he was high all the time and was always getting into trouble. And like you, it pisses me off. There's so many other things in life that can make you happy and help you have a good time. Getting drunk once in a while is no biggie, but being high 24/7 isn't alright. I apologize for ranting on your photo but I can relate to this on so many levels and I needed to say something. But on the positive side, I'm glad you're straightening your life and you know the difference between right and wrong, too much and just enough. You're endorsing the good in life and you could probably teach a lesson to us all. You're an inspiration and I'm proud to call you one of my heroes.
- ownlee666@drandallblythe thanks...I needed this...
- wyldezacThax @drandallblythe 😓😰
- alitt30The sad, sad truth of it all, is that some of the time, it doesn't take that high of a dosage to cause an overdose. Because of the way our brain and our bodies work, when you take any type of drug, your body will try as best as it can to compensate to the drug. Using something such as a certain type of environment, or something internal to signal that a drug is coming, your body will prepare itself to combat the drug, which leads to tolerance, and sometimes, withdrawal. If for one reason or another you administer a drug in a place where you usually don't, it could possibly lead to the absence of those combative responses and before the body can compensate,
- alitt30you could be dead, which leads to the point being that sometimes it doesn't take much of a substance to kill you, so why start in the first place, it's not necessary.
- jadeneatsfoodI just got out of rehab for alcohol. I am a full blown alcoholic too @drandallblythe still struggling with it but this is inspirational to others struggle with addiction. I hate addiction.
- jgaytkoWhen you stopped drinking, you saved my life. Thank you so very much.
- thetommyuserit still hurts
Log in to like or comment.