miriamtribeI'd love some feedback. I bought these two Teak chairs over a year ago, and they are still waiting patiently to be upholstered. I can't decide what color! I was going to go with a mustard velvet, but now that I got my orange velvet chair it would be a 70's party. So now I'm thinking either a deep emerald green (I have a lot of accents that color), or maybe hand print a black floral (with my latest stamp) on a natural colored fabric. Surprisingly, I'm feeling the floral right this second (I also have black and white accents). What do you think?? And where should I go for upholstery fabric?? I tried home fabrics, and it was a sea of disappointment! Any tips? #diy #upholstering
- livylovestorunI'm loving the emerald green idea!!
- yespositivelyI think emerald or a bright aqua-y blue would be great for those chairs.
- livefreemirandaI love emerald. Have you tried the wholesale upholstery fabric shop on 21st south and 5th east? They have a huge discount back room...👍
- beckyjanechildsI seriously love them AS IS! 😍#dreamy
- sewinglikemadI love them as they are now!
- danibakesI would go emerald, solid black (classic and never out of style) or honestly, the orange is lovely. Some help I am! Three opinions...🙈
- anniekblakeI could never pick a color! I sort of like how they are. But ikea has the cheapest/coolest home decor weight fabric.
- meadowexpressionsI like your hand print idea. I'd go to Design Fabrics.
- miriamtribe@anniekblake, I do love Ikea fabrics, but I've upholstered with them before and they totally fell apart:( @wanderinghayfields what's the domain name?
- miriamtribe@livefreemiranda thank you! You are always so good for info like this!!
- miriamtribe@sewinglikemad @beckyjanechilds I'm so surprised you guys like them as is! That makes me feel way better about the fact that they've been in my living room like this the past 18 months!
- anniekblakeYou could buy couch covers from the as is department at ikea...it's super thick!
- meadowexpressionsI don't know that they have one... Design is located at 500 e 2253 s they have an amazing selection. Nice stuff, interesting and always changing.
- meadowexpressionsIn salt lake
- miriamtribe@wanderinghayfields oh! I didn't realize you were talking about an actual store! This must be the same place @livefreemiranda mentioned! Definitely going to try there!
- meadowexpressionsOh yes! I see her comment now. Yup! It's a fun store!
- kristintreeHand print - i love a good floral with simple lines.
- princesasylviaHand print.
Log in to like or comment.