nprASSIGNMENT! Photography + Memory = WHA?!? So many of our memories are informed by images of moments we don’t actually remember. But they happened, right?
@NPR wants to know: Do you have a #fakememory based entirely on old photos you've seen of yourself? Moments you think you remember only because you’ve seen a picture?
Here's one, from our former intern @iamjimtuttle: "I don't have an actual recollection of being photographed with a bottle of whiskey in my grandparents' kitchen (I was 9 months old),” he says, “but my knowledge of that place and my family (made during Labor Day weekend, 1986) make it easy to imagine the incident as if it were a real memory.
Tag one photo #fakememory and tell us the story in the caption: Where are you, why, and what's special about it? (Any photos tagged in the next 10 days are eligible to featured here on Instagram or on @NPR's website.)
- gertze821@hoffanator your baby pictures leaking again
- badshittrixIt's like baby Vicodin @antihero18
- joshka007@lizaesp @agee436 @petite_fille_francaise lol!! the baby!!
- clairejbear@scotttron3030 haha! #amazing
- caitscoburn@szkincaid leaking Tom's baby pictures again are you? 😂 @tkincaid615
- szkincaid@caitshedrick hahaha yikes! It does!
- eileen.marie@southiefitzy made me think of that pic of you with the can of Schlitz!
- life_as_a_mom_and_profOmg @m_m_e_k exactly what we discussed!
- monkey_hunterI think posing an innocent baby with a bottle of alcohol is incredibly tacky and questionable parenting.
- yorahloNice! haha
- mintadoitAt least his grandparents had great taste in whiskey lol
- imstillwith_her@aljasier just shut up.... It's a funny example....
- monkey_hunterMust be liberal
- monkey_hunter@_tonights_the_night_ must be liberal pothead.
- imstillwith_her@aljasier must be conservative fuckhead
- imstillwith_her@aljasier if you want to play that game
Log in to like or comment.