coco.kelleywhen I was little one of my favorite books was about the 'Lupine Lady' - the book was called Miss Rumphius. she was a woman who longed to travel the world, live in a house by the sea, and do something to make the world more beautiful. funny how these things get into your brain as a child, isn't it? #travel #livebythesea #createbeauty #readbooks #tellyourchildrengoodstories
- jane_enajOne of my childhood favorites too. Gorgeous pic.
- coco.kelley@frolicblog seems like one you would've loved too! #flowerchildren
- coco.kelley@jane_enaj @aegutierr @theseasaltedblonde love that you a all know it!! 💜
- zofiaglennI love that book!
- ashleybandersenI read that book so many times it almost fell apart! 💗
- bettyspThat was one of my favorite books too!
- basilandpoppyseedsDitto! I still have that book packed up in my childhood storage boxes. So wonderful! Based on a true lady if I recall correctly.
- anniebravesI recently gave that book to my dad before my wedding to thank him for teaching me to make the world more beautiful. Lots of good memories associated with that book.
- coco.kelley@basilandpoppyseeds yes! she lived on the coast of Maine :)
- coco.kelley@anniebraves 💜
- sevenandcoIt was one of my favorite books growing up and now I read it too my daughter. You just can't improve on the classics sometimes
- maggie__stephensNO WAY that was my favorite. Such detailed illustrations (and that's my life dream too).
- instagraham670LOVE Mrs. Rumphius aka the Lupine Lady!
- sherasaurusI loved that book, too. Every time I throw seeds around in my backyard I think of Ms. Rumphius. 🌷
- lily62I just order a copy if the book for my niece! TC
- rootedinthevalleyWell that's twice your name has appeared on my radar today!
- bespokeoccasionsI recently re-read it, and hadn't realized how sad it is!
- courtneysolonOh how I adored that as a child!!
Log in to like or comment.