vscoVSCO is an art and technology company building an ecosystem of digital tools, services and community for modern creatives. We are unabashedly “by creatives, for creatives”, we value art and artists over decimals and dollars, and we are dedicated to those that create with reckless abandon. Since our beginning, we have made tough decisions by asking, “Is this best for the creative?”, and that will never change.
Today, we are proud to announce we are taking our first ever investment from Accel Partners. We are grateful for their belief in VSCO, and more importantly, in the creative community. Their investment allows VSCO to build better creative tools and services and fund more artists to freely create. It keeps VSCO independent and free from gimmicks that detract from the overall experience.
Learn more about the past, present and future of VSCO and how the investment will be used for the good of the creative community.
- dailyaviator@vsco I just discovered your app and it might actually change mobile photography for me (once again). I got a little tired and was waiting for Instagram to invent the wheel once again. VSCOs approach is appealing and the app is perfect for subtle editing. Grid is also looking good. You should implement something like @squaready to let us export original formats to Instagram.
- dailyaviator@vsco Or at least allow export to squaready from within VSCOcam. Thanks in advance.
- cutefuzzyGrats! Can't wait to see what else yall have in store for us 😁
- omarzroblesRead the news this morning ! So happy for you guys!
- vsco@dailyaviator You actually can export to square ready. Select the image you want to share from your Library then click the export button then tap "more" at the bottom & then the "Open-In" button.
- vsco@fawn We're big fans of this community & wouldn't want to be anything but personable :)
- vsco@martagolova What's the link to your #VSCOgrid?
- vsco@cutefuzzy We're excited about the future as well & are glad you're a part of it all with us!
- naexnaeI've been fascinated with taking pictures my whole life and as of now I mostly take pictures with my iTouch, but I am seriously taking an interest in photography (thanks VSCO😊) and I would like to know what's a good professional camera to start off with?
- notlouieThank you for remaining simple and very supportive with art around the world. Much respect. Love the app.
- dailyaviator@naexnae I would either recommend an entry level Canon or Nikon DSLR camera. I went with the Canon EOS 550D and love it. They have released severel newer models since then but it's a good idea to buy one generation less than the newest, this will save you money. The Canon EOS 550D already is capable of capturing full HD video, too. What's more important than the camera body is a good lens. The standard lens that comes with the kit usually is weak, ok for the first steps but nothing special. For portraits and anything else I also bought a fixed focus 50mm 1:1,4 lens. Anyway, most of my photographing friends either use Canon or Nikon. Sony Alpha might also be interesting. But it is easier to find used stuff on eBay for Canon and Nikon.
- naexnae@dailyaviator Thanks so much for the very detailed help!!
- vsco@naexnae There are so many out there that all do different things. It really depends on you and how you connect with the camera. Just try out a few different ones and then make your decision and do research. Ask other photographers what they use too! Thanks for being a part of the VSCO community!
- naexnae@vsco Thanks for being a community to be a part of😊!!
- andyhines.tvThanks for selecting my work for your grid picks 😱
- apriliauswthank you for honoring my work! 😘
- jamshehritake a look at my work♡
- james_avellarVery nice. Congratulations!
Log in to like or comment.