raphacycleclubNYC: "To bike racers in New York City, there is no more mythical and challenging local venue than Floyd Bennett Field. Every Tuesday night during the season riders brave the traffic mayhem of Flatbush Avenue to reach the disused, crumbling airport on Brooklyn's southern perimeter. Then they face the wind, the dust, the disintegrating tarmac, and each other in a merciless twelve laps over the former runways. When the race is over, there is still the ride back to contend with, in gloaming and then darkness, up Flatbush and to points beyond.
Riders at Floyd represent the bike racing tribes of NYC. Their teams battle for the leader's jersey and bragging rights amidst a cultural mashup; a slice of the Big Apple." Join us on Monday, May 5th at the Rapha Cycle Club NYC for Movie Night with 9W Magazine. Director Harry Zernike (@hzernike) will screen "Tuesday Night Special", a short film about racing at Floyd Bennett Field, and "SPIN!", a short film about a roller race fundraiser in Manhattan this past winter.
Monday, May 5, doors at 7:30pm, films at 8pm. 64 Gansevoort St.
- zachamano@dpelari time to lawan IS KEN
- endlesshorizontours@abyaffe @melboogers let's go!
- mrnepp@smaples12 Check this out👍🚵🚴
- smaples12@mrnepp 👍
- chrisfanningphoto@sorenrose - we should check this out this summer
- cbfallan@raphacycleclub do we need tickets for Monday? Thanks!
- raphacycleclub@cbfallan free entry, no tickets needed! See you there.
- cbfallan@raphacycleclub Brilliant,
- fortress1108@jboogy212 add to the google calender please
Log in to like or comment.