girlsgonechildI get so excited when edible flowers are available at the farmers market. (My mom used to make me flower sandwiches for lunch when I was Archer's age until one day someone smashed my sandwich and called me a flower-eating freak. The saddest.) I am still nine years old, though, apparently, and cannot wait to cook these up tonight with some shallots and mushrooms and maybe an egg in there somewhere. And eat them. With my crew. Proudly. 🌸💪
- koderzzWhat's the secret to knowing what flowers are edible?
- jamiek7Wow I've never thought of making sandwiches with flowers! What else was on these fancy sandwiches?
- koderzz@cricketlabelle sounds great. Thank you!
- girlsgonechild@koderzz @cricketlabelle @luckymermaid777 my mom wrote an edible flower post on GGC as well. Just search "edible flowers" and it should come up! Pansies, day lilies... so many! So fun and magical for kids. (And adults.)
- shanachristine@girlsgonechild - yessss! Thank you!
- head4thehillsMean kids stink! I would have wanted to be friends with the flower sandwich girl at 9 years old :)
- babydoll_breaI never would have thought of a making my daughter a flower sandwich. That's so neat! Bullies are lame 😕
- jamiek7@girlsgonechild Thanks! I'll check it out.
- baumgakBeautiful flowers! And now I want to try making my first flower sandwich!
- estellehayesYour mom is the best. And some kids are just the worst.
- sarah_m_nicholsDon't forget tulip petals! They taste like green apples. 🌷
- marthajoyousI once got picked on by some mean girls at summer camp for picking edible plants in the forest and eating them. Edible flowers ftw!
- teaklineSo many jerks out there picking on the edible flower/plant eaters! 😫
Log in to like or comment.