djdumplingMy mother has always been an incredibly harsh and tough women; indeed my relationship with her was often fraught with incredible amounts of tension and difficulty.
But I've come to understand over the years that my mother has lived an incredibly selfless life; for the entirety of my childhood my mother was remaining in a circumstance that never particularly fulfilled her for the sake of her children.
She's taught me a lot about courage through her example, and that's a perception of her I never could have predicted I'd have.
When I came out to my family in February, part of my mother's last sentence to me was, ""I'm glad you are now in a happy place". I've always hoped, and continue to hope, that one day she can see a little bit more of herself in me. I hope she can see that the courage I needed to come out, was a courage I had only learned by looking at her. 👫#whpmamatoldme
- stylinwithdI found this so eloquent ... especially as a mama ❤️
- djdumpling@rahrarussel 😘 no tears please!
- djdumpling@stylinwithd ahhh thank you so much. I appreciate it heaps! 🙏
- rahrarusselI hope someday, ill be that strong. Beautiful people and story
- _brenclJustin! I was just showing my sister your pictures and realized that I had NEVER liked THE picture that brought me to your page in the first place! I don't know how that happened! Love.
- djdumpling@_brencl forever and always planting a huge smile on my face! I can't believe this was 16 weeks ago now! Such a long time. ⏰🙊
- _brenclI didn't even notice that! That really is a significant chunk of time! And I follow plenty of people with roughly the same amount of follower and not nearly as much TALENT as you, yet you're the only one who is consistently gracious to everyone and always willing to reply -- I think that says a lot. I want to know more about this picture.
- djdumpling@_brencl hahaha, ugh you! 😍 to be fair, I think that even though I seem to have a lot of followers, my actual amount of interaction is not that big. So I guess it's easy to find the time to reply to people. Additionally, I would be very little if it weren't for beautiful humans like you, so go have gratitude aplenty. Some people like being more aloof though, which used to be more my vibe. But I enjoyed it so much more when people spoke to me so I thought I would pay the good vibes forward. And if you want to find out the back story to this photo, scroll 21 rows down from where this picture is in my grid, and in the same photo you'll see a baby photo with a rose on it. Then after that one you can scroll 11 rows down from this rainbow photo and on the right side of the line is the letter I wrote. The link isn't in my bio anymore but I am sure you can still google the title of the piece and 'Your Friends House' 😘😘😘
- djdumplingJust saw this comment @rahrarussel! Thanks for the beautiful vibes! 🙏
- mcsquarellGlad u had the courage also to share a difficult story with us, so that you may help another who is feeling similar. Kudos!
- udoit@monfromage i love his feed
- _ante_Sometimes in the most obvious places you find what you are looking for. Your story reminds me of my own, I am also guilty of sometimes forgetting my mum has her own story. Thanks for the reminder, next time I see her I will now hug her that extra bit longer. Thank you also for sharing your story, you are a star.
- djdumpling@_ante_ ahhh that is such a beautiful thing to say! Thanks so much for the kind words. And for going through my whole back catalogue! Haha 😜😜😜😜
- _ante_You're welcome. Was inspired and ended up in a little @djdumpling vortex 😊
- djdumpling@_ante_ haha I did the same with your feed the other night! We should have a drink sometime and talk stories! Haha
- _ante_@djdumpling sounds like a plan 👍
- djdumpling@_ante_ 0426232757
- _ante_@djdumpling amazing, thank you! Let's plan for after Xmas with our cameras in hand.
- harrigilbertI see why you won! This is incredible bro!
Log in to like or comment.