theenglishveganFirst run in the Altra Lone Peak 1.5s this morning. #altrashoes #altralonepeak #zerolimits #zerodrop #strava #stravarun #stravaproveit #instarunners #injinji #natural #sunrise #runner #running #ultrarunner #ultrarunning #veganrunner #plantstrong #plantpowered #nomeatathlete #furtherfasterforever #fueledbyplants #chicago #runningstuff #runninggear #shoes #garmin #garminconnect
- justinrigdonIf my Torins work out great, I plan to order a pair of these. These only go up to a 14 though, so I have to make sure the Altra 14s fit me first.
- theenglishvegan@justincrigdon the 14s feel really roomy to me, and I am sometimes a 15.
- justinrigdon@theenglishvegan Ah man, I am so glad to hear that!! My Torins are arriving Monday. :)
- theenglishvegan@justincrigdon let me know how the Torins are, they'll probably be my next pair of Altra's in the Fall.
- justinrigdon@theenglishvegan will do!
- husar@justincrigdon Hey, I wear a 14 and have both the Torin 1.0 and all versions if the Lone Peaks. The Torins do run small. I could never race in my Torins. The fit on both of these is totally different. I wouldn't let the Torins be a deciding factor on ordering the Peaks.
- justinrigdon@husar ok thanks for that bit of info. Def good to know. I've have heard so many great things about the Lone Peaks. Only reason I haven't tried them yet, is just because my current trail shoes are still in pretty good shape with minimal miles. But I'm really excited about trying the Altras, these will be my first pair (sort of). I had some Instincts 2.0, but the 15 was HUGE. So I sent them back before even running in them.
- theenglishvegan@justincrigdon listen to @husar he is a wise old sage when it comes to Altra sizing. I was dubious about the Lone Peaks but he was spot on with his sizing recommendations.
- justinrigdonThanks @thenglishvegan and @husar. @altrarunning Torin 1.5s came in today. 14s feel great. Already my favorite pair of shoes ever!
- husar@justincrigdon Wait until you get the Lone Peaks. Your feet will forget all about those Torins. :)
Log in to like or comment.