theradavistATTN: Aussies | @yellowjacketsocialclub post SxSW
- fyxoWhen in Rome.
- rdam@reubenr thinking thanks cunts maybe more appropriate. #whenintexastiplarge @yellowjacketsocialclub
- the_jamsWas this you @karinautomo ?
- ashleydburgessSo much hate! Just pay your staff a fare wage and let them take tips if they give service worth tipping. Can't stand having to work out how much I should tip for mediocre service (the answer should be nil). Absolutely true on the liquor prices though (70% goes in taxes to the government!). Cheers mate. That being said, the service is a damn lot better in the USA than in Aus because of it.
- tmpsickofNever understand tipping why do you tip the bar man or waiter but not the guy who serves you your shoes or your weekly food-shop they all get the same awful pay. They all provide a very similar service.
- karinautomo@the_jams I just tried to high five the cunt.
- refreshinglygoodGet a better job if you don't like the one ya got
- mimiflynn@tmpsickof waiters get paid way less (2.15 dph back in the day, not sure what now) because the business expects them to work for the customer just as much as the restaurant. I'm not saying it's right, but that's how it's justified.
- theradavist@ashleydburgess yeah service in OZ sucks so bad
- theradavist@ashleydburgess and it's the food service industry. Don't like it, don't eat out.
- theradavistAustralia's min wage is like $20 - the bartenders in the US make $2.50 - give them a dollar or two per drink you cheap cunts
- merckxy^^^^ perfectly put
- ashleydburgess^agree. Not dissing the waiters or bartenders. Fuck the system!
- extra.obscura@johnprolly Amen. ^^^
- laytonbullas@johnprolly my experience of service in Australia is majority great. Happy to go out of their way to provide a great night. This is my Newcastle experience, I rarely experience bad service and most people I know tip. Sayin.
- devinparker@johnprolly truth, bro. Thanks for speaking up for the people that keep the good times flowing.
- s_curran@ashleydburgess why? It promotes good service in an industry where it is very important, if they were paid more, the food/drinks would cost more, and the service could be worse. Also, tip your mechanic, because guaranteed, they don't make enough for the knowledge they have.
- theradavist@s_curran ALWAYS tip your mechanic. Beer, cookies, money - whatever. Valid point.
- ashleydburgess@s_curran completely agree on the mechanic call
Log in to like or comment.