agirla4wdandatrailerTook the 4x4 for a run down an old logging track near mount field national park. It has obviously been driven but, not much. The earth seems to be reclaiming the track with little baby trees popping up in the middle. #wildtasmania #4x4 #4wd #logging #tassie #nature #mountfieldnationalpark #australia #trees #westerntasmania
- jacqrawWhat a wonderful photo, this just proves that logging is a sustainable industry in Tasmania. Where in western Tassie are you, my husband has worked in his family logging business in many areas on the north-west coast of tassie.
- agirla4wdandatrailer@jacqraw it has been a real eye opener from recently logged areas to seeing signs where regrowth areas are 30 years old and look like nothing ever happened from the outside. This pic was taken just outside of mount field national park, we were going towards maydena. Is you husband still in the industry?
- jacqraw@agirla4wdandatrailer no my husband has been out of the industry for quite awhile now, but we do like showing our children places like this and teaching them there family history.
- agirla4wdandatrailerHave you in tas or have you brought your kids to tas @jacqraw?
- jacqrawWe are born and bred Tasmanians @agirla4wdandatrailer we live in Burnie on the North-West coast. We also have a shack 15 minutes past the Arthur River on the West Coast. I might be biased but I think we live in a very special part of the world, I hope you are enjoying your travels here :-)
- agirla4wdandatrailerNope you're right @jacqraw it is amazing here in Tas, we love it! You're very lucky to live here 😃
Log in to like or comment.