uncle_knuckleheadIf you look at the right side of the rock, you will see an outline of a face looking upwards towards the sky ↗️↗️↗️. The Story of Face Rock
Storytelling has long been and continues to be an important way for Native Americans to pass on the wisdoms and truths of human existence to new generations. The story of Face Rock comes from the rich oral traditions of the Coquille Tribe and tells of a disaster late one night that resulted in changes to the landscape. The story warns people to follow the advice of their Elders and respect the power of Nature.
The Face Rock story was written down by Ottilla Kronenburg in 1909, after it was told to the townspeople by Indian Mary, a Coquille elder. Most written versions you find today are only shadows of the original story. The true story can only be found within the tradition itself.
- uncle_knucklehead@lizzy759_ru Kindly appreciated!
- uncle_knucklehead@guckloch_berlin1 Thank ya ☺️🙏!
- lisalulu67Very cool! I see it... (~_^))
- uncle_knucklehead@lisalulu67 TY, much appreciated!
- itsbernie81I love this shot! 👏👏👏
- uncle_knucklehead@itsbernie81 Much appreciated, TY!
- all_bnwshotsBeautiful gallery!
- uncle_knucklehead@mirkography TYVM!
- all_bnwshots💯% Most Deserving
- kremmling_This is TOP NOTCH!! @uncle_knucklehead
- uncle_knucklehead@kremmling2014 Appreciate your kindness, TY!
- uncle_knucklehead@arkadiy_kurta Much appreciated!
- ig_americasThank you so much for your participation! We invite you to keep participating in our next challenges! 🙏 @uncle_knucklehead
Log in to like or comment.