joeroganThis weekend's project: smoke a wild pig ham. Stay tuned for details. This is a first for me. I'm kinda psyched to learn how to do this.
- ocdailyGlad it was labeled for you.
- 100percenttexanI've used everything. A little brown sugar. If you don't want sugar then I've mashed sweet grapes and rubbed them on it. Or I've used a cheese grater to shred apples, stuff it in slots poked in the leg then poured apple juice on it. Sooo good. Don't be afraid to chop off large chunks of meat after a few hours and re-season so that you can let the smokiness and flavor get to all of the meat.
- zekeobGood luck rogan
- northtoakLove the respect for the animal keep it up eat it all!!
- mattyb713I bet in that freezer that ham gets H.A.M.
- duhbrookBrine it for a few days first
- braap11113Shoot those pigs joey
- go4boWhere's the finished product ? @joeroganexperience
- giggitygiggitygoo6961Find that cougar that ate your dog and grill it instead bro
- tpope88834Every weekends project should be to Smoke wild pig ham's.
- ericmerriganGood luck
- sam._.hansenThat is weed
- jimmyak49They are hard to keep lit. Wha wha wha.
- jimmyak49I did part of a hind quarter in my Big Chief Smoker using Alaska Alder Chips. Pig came out great.
- samfindenSecret ingredient for a wet-mop smoke: sprite. It works.
- cheffrankdIf no one said this to you, a couple of books you would be interested in. Charcuterie by Brian Polcyn & Michael Rulhman. Also Afield by Jesse Grifiths
Log in to like or comment.