theradavistWe interrupt your NAHBS coverage to plug a new product I just received: the Knog Blinder ARC 5.5 - have you tried one? I'm hoping it's an improvement over previous USB headlamps (without a battery pack) I've used in the past.
- dimas_dimpol@ully19frame thank you buat info nya.klapa gading di mananya? Semoga harganya masih bersahabat. :D
- dontcoastFor the made in USA quality you like I'm surprised you don't have a light and motion (made in monterey, ca) yet @johnprolly . Also nite rider has higher end offerings made in san diego (i prefer their mounts, clamps securely never slip, unlike rubber strap types)
- taldanzig@__orozconleche something like that. It's also front heavy so it tends to fall downwards on bumps even when clamped as tight as possible.
- sdbici@johnprolly I've been using the blinder USB for a few months and I like it. Was skeptical at first, but seems bright enough for urban commuting, though it does like migrate its face downward some rides. Don't know about brightness for trail riding, but having the USB recharge is tits. But that also makes it dependent on a USB slot and if you're overnighting it, that may not always be available :/
- theradavist@dontcoast wasn't aware of those models. I usually use a Son / Edelux - so riding lamps aren't an issue for me
- stevederiveI'm very happy with my Light & Motion Taz 1200. 90 minutes run time on the absurdly bright high setting, but I can squeeze four hours on road or trail out of it by switching between the lower settings.
- sdbici@johnprolly had not heard of the son / Edelux, just looked it up. That's an awesome light source!
- dontcoast@johnprolly two different california companies, also make diving lights. Both excellent esp for night trail riding. But yeah for generator lights you can't beat the german stuff.
- theradavist@dontcoast 🇩🇪👍
- hughes.ms@j_mathew_th ?
- nhodson22@doncoast brands for "german stuff"? Curious. Always goos to emulate the best.
- pimrakers@nhodson22, I think he means Bosch & Müller. Right, @dontcoast? Best generator hubs are Dutch though and called Son!
- jandoggenBeen using a Trelock LS950 for a long time and it's great.
- rollin_man@pimrakers, SON is actually German. Other good German brands are Busch & Müller, as well as Supernova lights
- rollin_manI recently discovered also a Dutch brand called AXA. pretty good and bright lamps for a low price
- schooledbyscoundrelsLezyne Megadrive for the front when on long, dark winter rides, Macrodrive for shorter or summer evening rides. Knog Blindr R rear for always as it's awesome.
- zul_awabDamn bright!
- pimrakers@rollin_man AXA also makes good locks. Never Used their lights though...
- dontcoast@rollin_man beat me to it, @pimrakers . Thubingen. "DE" means deutchland means germany.
- tinnedspicedhamThe new Knog tazer?
Log in to like or comment.