rscottmsgtThe following letter was sent to my senator, congresswoman, every local tv news channel, every cool person at Fox News, and Rush. This is how America works. I teach Social Studies at Coral Reef SHS in Miami. I have been teaching 15 years. Yesterday president Obama visited our school. My class was scheduled to go. As a school administrator is leading my students to the event she informs me the Secret Service will not allow me to attend. This was done with students present. I am no fan of Obama. I'm a conservative Republican who uses social media to express my views. At the last two faculty meetings our principal had strongly advised us not to post anything. As a citizen of this great country I chose to ignore her advise which now in retrospect seems more like a veiled threat. The next day I'm suddenly excluded from a presidential event. This to me appears as puerile attempt to discredit or embarrass me, quite possibly by school administrators, the Secret Service, or the President. It may have been one or all, but to be excluded for one's political views seems rather UN-American. I find it hard to believe the Secret Service could find me a threat. I'm a retired USAF MSgt who has honorably served his country in both peace and war as my father before me did. I did my duty and now my government deems me a threat. I'm physically limited as to what I can do because of surgeries and various medical conditions. I present no physical threat to anyone and had already been through a physical security check point I have never threatened or wished harm to come to any government official. The only true threat is an intellectual one based a free flow of ideas. Can you look into this for me? I feel that I was singled out for using my right to free speech. Thank you for your support in this matter.
Randall J. Scott
MSgt. USAF Ret.
- jennifer.cardellaYou are a god my dude
- gabyubauYES SCOTTY!
- copa__Fight the system
- rscottmsgt@copa__ that's exactly what I intend to do. Hope your well.
- rscottmsgt@jennicardella thanks but I'm just a patriot doing his duty.
- bert1695I think it's right you stand up for your rights
- copa__Give me a call, ill swing by, drink beer and clean your boat @jgehr21
- rscottmsgt@copa__ packing up. Sold house. Moving at the end of school
- rscottmsgt@alby1695 it's my duty
- jgehr21Keep doing what you're doing mr. Scott.
- roodbwoihahaha! why would you want to attend an event for "A weed smoking Kenyan."?
- tonytracyYou are a complete idiot. First, you post that you “would rather dine in Hell with Satan” than shake the president’s hand, and you describe yourself as a “virulent anti-Communist and hater of Obamanism.” Then you seem shocked when the Secret Service determines you might be a threat given your insane rantings about Satan, barring you from being within distance of the President. This isn't about free speech -- this is about your insanity & ravings about dinners with Satan. Idiot.
- rscottmsgt@tonytracy follow the news buttwipe. It wasn't the secret service. You're Canadian so your opinion doesn't matter
- nothingmusic42congratulations! you're the reason the rest of the nation (hell, the world) thinks Florida is full of backwards assholes. guess what: the school didn't want your insane ass embarrassing them. then you whine about how oppressed you are. what a pussy.
- stayyhustlin24Pussy ass cracker
- pammy_no_pantsYou don't like the guy, you've made a huge stink about not liking the guy, and you're going to be a giant pussy about not getting invited to the Obama party? Hahahahahaha
- rscottmsgt@datboytyy thank you
- rscottmsgt@pammy_no_pants why no pants?
- svannesangBigot. You give the Air Force a bad name. I don't have a problem with you hating the President, I have a problem with you turning it into a race war.
- cubberlaneGlad my social studies teacher wasn't like you. You're part of the reason why Florida sucks.
Log in to like or comment.