ralphbackstrom...after. A ski cut from the top released a 8-12" slab, and it stepped down ~6' when the weight of the cut got to the narrowest part of the apron, right below the heli shadow in the before pic.
- feejordyBig un
- rp_robertsDamn! Hope everyone was ok!!
- indiana_johnsSki cuts are a beautiful thing aren't they? Were you expecting to see it step down like that? @ralphbackstrom
- carlavontrapphunterCrazy. It's loaded out there. Glad y'all are safe @ralphbackstrom.
- alangordonakCareful out there brotha @Ralp hbackstrom! ❄️❄️❄️❄️
- ralphbackstromThey sure are @Indiana_johns. Not exactly. We've seen lots of the 8-12" slabs in manageable terrain, and have been on the hunt for the deep November layer with lots of avy control. Our guides have been bombing and cutting, and haven't had too many deep hits.
- ralphbackstromThanks @rp_roberts @carlavontrapphunter and @Alangordonak!
- indiana_johnsWell I'm glad you guys caught it instead of the other way around! What range is this in? November was pretty rough on the snowpack here in BC too.
- ralphbackstromThanks! We're in #Italy a bit south of Mt Blanc @indiana_johns
- raneynnwWow! No thanks
- liz_daleyJesus. What aspects/elevation have most of these been. Scary.
- ralphbackstromThey've been on NE and NW aspects @liz_daley, probably a little under 10k'. It was a rain event in November.
- bangercertifiedOh there she goes
- cajaschoepf@ralphbackstrom where italy? Gressoney?
- drewtabkeI hope hollywood has had the cameras rolling for this shit. Stay safe
Log in to like or comment.