michaelwilliamsNew brace alert. If you are just tuning in, six weeks ago I tore my ACL, MCL, Lateral Meniscus and various other things inside my right knee whilst skiing at Beaver Creek. This injury has since come to completely dominate my life since then. Three weeks ago I had surgery to repair everything. My excellent physician Dr. Altchek did an amazing job putting me back together. They took a piece of my patella tendon from my good left knee (because I damaged the right patella tendon) to be my new right MCL, they took a piece of my left hamstring to be my new ACL and patiently repaired everything else. Since then I have been living with lock-out straight leg braces on both legs. Today they cleared me (at the end of the week) to lose one of the big braces and to move on to this handsome little guy. While this all has had a profound effect on my day-to-day life, it's given me an appreciation for people who recover from injuries much more serious than mine. It's also given me a tremendous appreciation for those that work in medicine. I've been shown a tremendous amount of compassion from everyone at HSS and from all of my friends and colleagues. I appreciate everyone's support and help during this crazy time in my life. I'm especially grateful to @lizziec for putting up with me 24/7. Not to mention @randygoldberg and @alipaul1. Lastly, if anyone wants to buy some skis...
- rslklyHang in there brother! All good thoughts headed your way...
- diegoscottiFeel better Michael. Need to cross the street to come for a drink!!!
- red_clay_soulNow you have magic knees
- guidowongoliniGod speed in recovery
- maylebirdThinking of you!!
- nd_f@michaelwilliams wishing you a speedy recovery. Glad to know you are being taken care of.
- ronnnnnn@desireedeguzman eek!
- winsinstagramGlad you're on the mend!
- suze115Wow, i am so happy for you. I am so happy the surgeon, surgery and hospital were so fantastic. I am so impressed you took the time to express your gratitude. Well done. I wish you all the best in your recovery. @michaelwilliams
- itzz.karlaThat got. To. Hurt
- alipaul1Looking good sans stitches!
- wmbrownproject@michaelwilliams ACL and ACL coincidence?
- mahayatraGet well soon.
- michael.a.mullerLove ya, dude. Heal quick.
- woodensleepersYikes! Too bad they don't have robot knee replacements yet. Feel better! Sending good vibes your way!!
- oakstreetbootmakersWishing you a speedy recovery Michael!
- dahlmakrI've had double ACL 14 years apart. Never cool but the journey begins now. RANGE OF MOTION. Best of luck.
- nalleypjAt least there is progress
Log in to like or comment.