nasaMore #RealGravity images tonight as #Gravity is up for awards at the #Oscars2014: With his feet secured on a restraint on the space station remote manipulator system's robotic arm or Canadarm2, NASA astronaut Mike Fossum (center) holds the Robotics Refueling Mission payload, which was the focus of one of the primary chores accomplished on a six and a half hour spacewalk on July 12. The failed pump module is with DEXTRE on left side of the photo. NASA astronauts Fossum and Ron Garan performed the six-hour, 31-minute spacewalk, which represents the final scheduled extravehicular activity during shuttle missions in July 2011.
Among Atlantis’s final contributions to the ISS is the Robotic Refueling Mission, developed at Goddard Space Flight Center. Atlantis brought this module to the International Space Station, where it will provide key support in maintaining future spacecrafts for years to come. STS-135 astronauts traveled to Goddard to complete special training for these robotics, a major component of the final shuttle mission.
Image credit: NASA
#nasa #space #iss #spacepix #gravity #oscars2014 #oscars #realgravity #oscarceremony #spaceshuttle
- korey_theis@nasa just wanna let you know you're the shit! Keep exploring space and stars. Shits dope.
- bramowskiIch liebe diese bilder
- kanou12Mon dieu
- carldmarshallDishwasher installation at the ISS
- pvlbcnSin palabras
- hamza_rehaimyWatch out don't fall..... Heheheheh
- andreasngInstalling a dishwasher
- giggleblatzLol👆 @andreasng
- 0i0i0Omg @digglett you have to see this series
- declus1@grtsq бля вот работенка....)))
- regemregumИ не говори
- 1dhannahyz@kqzfw hese gohi behem das dad!
Log in to like or comment.