fashionbombdailyA look from @stellajeanltd . Love! #stellajean #mfw
- fashionmepurple@vanityfare no she isn't. Be well!
- liliscreations_lili814Beautiful colors and prints!
- victoriaaa_raeAlways loved @stellajeanltd ✨
- maison_swagShe is Haitian and Italian and I love her work.
- rated_michelle@vanityfare I guess you just told me huh? Her page speaks volumes! No, I will not go out my way to research someone who's not interested in us as a brand even if she's African. I've seen too many African designers on IG with blond hair blue eyed models in what is traditional African prints! Be all inclusive! And you need to stop being so defensive!
- rated_michelle@vanityfare this convo is very relevant and she may not be white but her target audience is whitish obviously, and you just made my point with your comment that your bfs mother who is Ghanian knows of her. To be fair I will google her, if her web page looks anything like her IG then I will stick to my original point of "all inclusive"! Other than that being half black don't mean sheeet!
- kidcadaver@lawanticious I liked this convo much better when it was on drayas IG regarding her "fineass girls" line and subsequent use of primarily light-skinned models. here, it feels tedious.
- kidcadaver@lawanticious I'm inclined to agree with @soulfulsag tho. stellajeans IG, when viewed in the aggregate looks odd for it's overwhelming presentation of white models in "African" inspired clothing. clothing looks lovely tho.
- sassy_shai WANT this outfit ! 😍
- linda_lmeI just viewed her IG page and I must say I am disappointed in her lack of model diversity.
- leclercollection@anibelkavaldez13 @stephangels @wendyrodriguez04
- chi_chi1016👏👏👏👏 @soulfulsag
- chi_chi1016@asampete agreed!!!! Usage of African prints but doesn't use many black models??!? What does that represent to society??! We can sell clothing with blk models wearing the attire?!? How do designers figure that African prints look sooooo good ?!?! Because they were first seen on people of color!! Bring that to the spotlight!! Not just the print!!
- rated_michelleFor the record her web page is no different from her IG page! So yeah fudge her, African women made African prints and African design popular long before others caught on!
- kidcadaver@lawanticious well that's apparent. but all politics aside, model after white model in all African shit just looks super lame and corny to me. that's pretty much how I process these things as someone outside of fashion who cares very little about what goes on in that world. from a purely visual perspective, it doesn't fit. but I'm not even talking about this pic or fashion wk. I'm talking about the way her IG page looks which I imagine is a year round venue.
- unforeseenandloveHer Instagram page and website clearly shows who she's rather showcase these African inspired pieces. Let's not try to sugarcoat it.
- rated_michelle@lawanticious you don't think she should have an over abundance? You miss the point, she has none and like the one you tagged said it's odd to see! So are you saying there aren't blacks in Milan? Step away from fashion and let's talk politics. She's marketing to a group of people who are known to be very racist towards foreigners in their country! Especially Africans and yes there are many African immigrants in Italy! She should be more aware and sensitive to that fact, and spread diversity through her work.
- rated_michelle@lawanticious your argument is extra tired. Conforming is never an option! Conforming makes you look weak and pathetic!
Log in to like or comment.