instagramOn Sunday, the 2014 Winter Olympics officially came to a close. Over the past two weeks athletes from 88 different countries competed in Sochi, Russia, before thousands of fans. Spectators and athletes alike captured some of Sochi 2014’s finest moments, from The Opening Ceremony to life in the Olympic village and from the events themselves to, finally, the Closing Ceremony. The Closing Ceremony celebrated Russia’s rich artistic heritage, with references to Kandinsky and Chagall, music by Rachmaninoff, Rubinstein, and Vladimir Horowitz, as well as Ballet from the Bolshoi. As the games came to an end, Sochi officially passed the torch to South Korea for 2018.
To view more photos and videos from the Sochi Winter Olympics opening ceremony, tap the blue location text above and browse the #Sochi2014 hashtag.
Photo by @shannagan
- kiariejohnWarm Skies, Cool Grounds 👍 @Instagram
- the_queen_189fol|ow me
- freddyandrade_mSuch a beautiful pic :3 Follow me ;)
- angelmigueloficialSnow .. reminds me when I used to live in USA. Love snow!
- hockey_filmz_🏆🚨Hockey Fans Needed!🏆🚨
- antifofa👈🇫🇴🇱🇱🇴🇼 🇲🇪→ 🇫🇴🇱🇱🇴🇼 🇧🇦🇨🇰👉
- ferran_mcI do L¡K€forL¡K€ / f¤||¤w4f¤||¤w
- _dim_dimychРоссия-Финляндия 4:2 МОЛОДЦЫ 🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺
- busultan_adthat's beautiful 😍👍
- sjawi_700Waaaaawwwwww niceeeeeeee
- milicamVery Nice
Log in to like or comment.