balazsgardiTurkana women bathe and clean the catch on the shore of #LakeTurkana in the Todonyang plains in #Turkana, #Kenya, #Africa.
Their family lived in the now abandoned #Todonyang village a few kilometers north near the #Ethiopia border but they fled after the rival #Daasanach tribe raided their village in 1994.
To cope with the #famine caused by the reoccurring #drought the Turkana, traditionally semi-nomadic pastoralists, are increasingly turning to the lake for survival.
#watercrisis #climatechange #complexemergency #Azdarya
- lgggfddssdEye opening picture. !!
- kswissglobalWow! That's #beautiful! #powerful
- abk_05This is a beautiful photo
- lilswagkiddoIts ugly there
- babybreath360Dam ......
- balazsgardiPost some of it @lewofficial, I am curious...
- raldo241Customs and norms
- windyaqoobA beautiful place
- derya_ozrVery nice shot 👍👍
- gideon__aWow @davinarapaport !
- sereneviewphotography@valnolan27 does this bring back memories of that missions trip in high school? I still have that choker made by the Masai people you traded withツ
- valnolan27@sereneviewphotography yes it does...
Log in to like or comment.