balazsgardiA Turkana fisherman eats #crocodile soup before heading out to fish on Lake Turkana, #Kenya, #Africa.
Due to the reoccurring and prolonged #drought grazing land in the region is diminishing leaving little to support the Turkana's traditional semi-nomadic pastoralist lifestyle. Although a part of their culture #fishing is considered a lowly occupation practiced only by the poorest.
Left with no alternatives to secure food for their families more and more #Turkana are turning to the lake for survival. The rough waters of #LakeTurkana aren't the only danger to the poorly equipped fishermen, the rival #Daasanach tribe from neighboring #Ethiopia frequently attacks the Turkana fishermen to gain access to their fishing ground and to steal their equipment.
#watercrisis #complexemergency #Azdarya
- eckerdelly_lucyTurkana 4 life am proud to be...
- badgirlclowewashelyUgly like shit
- balazsgardi@charlesgpicard I took this photo in northwest Kenya's Turkana province. The fishermen I photographed caught a croc and ate it for breakfast.
- annie6978That's mean to kill when you don't need to :(
- jaylin_she_prettyLol nasty
- annie6978Your cruel I feel like doing that to you
- whaleywakeThey are killing animals so they can survive.... @annie6978
Log in to like or comment.