nashkerThis is Rose. Her late father built a home in the town of Mari Bojok and it was badly damaged during the earthquake last October. She and her husband Mike were having breakfast in their kitchen when the earthquake struck. The back half of the home slid into a tidal swamp, barely sparing them from far worse. Mike was penned beneath a refrigerator that kept him safe. Rose is a retired psychologist and provides counseling to local residents for free. Half of her home crumbled away and the other half was badly damaged, but Rose remains radiant, gracious and finds beauty in humanity all around her. #makemoreportraits #allhands #philippines
- matt_treiberBeautiful story, beautiful portrait.
- rainiemsantosMaraming Salamat, Nathan Ashker.
- lielaineLove these stories Nathan!
- johnny__toGreat stories!
- brandenharveyBeautiful. Thanks for sharing.
- catarinalamyI love her smile!!! Beautiful story!!! Thank you Nathan ;-)
- winniephotosPowerful story. Thanks for sharing!
- boykinsfinephotographyVery touching Story!!! It is nice to see that people are still able to see the good despite the bad that seems to be surrounding them...👍
- sakurasaiyukiAn inspiring story. She is one strong woman. By the way, welcome to the Philippines. Enjoy your stay here.
- kjungnitschVery touching story. Hope you're doing well man!
- nashker@boykinsfinephotography she certainly does that!
- nashker@kjungnitsch thanks kev!
- legallykellyYour photograph of her captures her light, her personality. She sounds like a truly amazing person. Is there a way to reach out to her?
- emimitosisBeautiful photo and story. Thank you for sharing!
- adam_ahmed07nice @nashker
- valeriapalomboBeautiful woman🌹
- vervenverityA heroine, a beautiful spirit 💜
Log in to like or comment.