potterybarnSneak peek! We learned all about one of our favorite #mardigras desserts today -- King Cake with pineapple -- thanks to one of SF's best pastry chefs. Stay tuned for more on the blog in a few days!
- promoteandenjoyThese are my plates!! Love them! @ddelgado08
- nodensacFrom N.O.,LA. Never had King Cake with pineapples on the side. Some have diffrent filling inside. Extra icing, colored icing and sprinkles. The best part besides the taste? Who gets the baby? It means they have to buy the next cake. Fun tradition..
- cpobs1Love those gold spoons !
- lindsaytunnell@chelseadcote this is happening
- rabeeyamoinGorgeous plates
- kattakomm@potteryjo - det ser ut som att Potterybarn försöker kopiera Daisy, men inte lyckats fullt ut? ;)
- chasing_amy13Love the plates. Look like mine in pastel colours.
- frusidensvansJaja, du er også her og holder deg oppdatert @kattakomm ;)
- martacamiloI whish, I need!!! I will order such lovely plates to be delivered here, in Brazil!!!😍
- ejc0yWant / need!
- thetravellaurenNo, seriously. @potterybarn you can't call this King Cake. It will make you look bad. No disrespect to the baker, I'm sure it tastes like heaven.
- libooscabooFruit goes inside king cakes, not on the side too. No utensils needed
- potterybarn@wooldle @libooscaboo according to the chef, there are actually quite a few varieties of King cake -- this is just his interpretation :) and trust us, it was absolutely delicious!
- thetravellauren@potterybarn just letting you know that a king cake requiring a spoon or involving cake batter wouldn't fly at Carnival in South Louisiana, Mobile, or France. We'd put candles in that and say "happy birthday to who?"
- chelseadcote@lindsaytunnell i am good with that.
- shayanana@wooldle as a french girl i can tell you about the REAL origins of king cake. (And france came before louisiana) and this king cake is legit. 👑🍰
- thetravellaurenThe French king cake is my favorite king cake. That flaky crust, light almond paste... Mmm. I should've had a shipment of that too. @shayanana just take note of all of the responses from people who know King Cake. That's not it. We take our tradition seriously. As do all... French, Creole, Southern, you name it.
- soso_2288@banseh @fooozma @sooosomg @_afnan_8 @zinah36
Log in to like or comment.