fyxoGianni Motta. Many years ago there was a beautiful NOS one of these complete with pantographed Super Record on eBay in Berlin. I won it for over $2000 and with shipping and Ebay fees it was around $2500. The seller wouldn't accept paypal so I got a man on the ground to pay him via his account and I paid him. The seller had left his phone number on the listing and by the time the money got to him he'd had a few people call to arrange 'pick up'. Alarms bells didn't ring for him so when someone landed on his door to collect and with the bike paid in full he let them have it. No bike and a massive chunk of change down the drain. To add to the mystery the seller with ample feedback just vanished. Needless to say I'm scarred for life by Gianni, no matter how sweet the curve of his transtork seat stays. .
This one was particularly sweet.
- eldarkoSad story. Lovely bike. I'm about to start building up a Gios shortly - similar sort of build. Looking forward to a UK summer of Italian steel...
- cycleexifBad story. Great shot! @fyxo
- terrylottThose are the HEAVYWEIGHT pedals... I know I had them on my Team issue Vitus Carbone back in 1990.
- terrylottDamn #Campagnolo #fail. Everything else in the Gruppo was/still is amazing
- tgnowakjrGreat campy stuff right. Those pedals were like way hard to get out of . I would either some how do a track stand or break the cleats or some times they would work
Log in to like or comment.