girlsgonechildHis first year trying out for the school play and he nailed it. He did everything on his own, memorized his monologue, his song, recorded it all himself... "I think I might get the part," he said and Hal and I explained to him that sometimes it doesn't work that way. We told him about the many plays we tried out for when we were kids and how long it took us to get speaking roles... And then today he got the script with his name on it and the part he had auditioned for and we all lost our minds/were so proud/amazed/pumped for him. I mean, he has a solo and this amazing voice and he's totally into it and who knew? I mean, we knew kind of because he's always singing and being awesome but still... So proud and thrilled and happy for him. "I feel like something rare just happened to me," he said tonight before bed which is exactly how I've felt for the last eight and a half years being his mom.
- cmkerwinAww. Sweet. I feel he is a part of all of us readers and thus so proud of him. Well done Archer! Break a leg.
- tabathaetcOh, congrats to him!
- cjcoppolaLinus is the kindest just like Archer. Typecasting FTW!
- deanna_blaylockSo awesome!!
- ourarmswideopenWow. A special guy indeed.
- laraandzuzuCongratulations archer!!!!!! You seem like an amazing kid. I know you'll rock the part!!!!!
- megkeene😭tear patrol. This theatre kid is really proud of Archer (and you guys).
- supercalimeggilisticLove love love! Congrats Archer!!!
- shehadnoideaWhen the time comes for my husband and I to have kids, I can only hope we're lucky enough to have a child as brilliant and lovely as a kid like Archer. Your children amaze me. Every day I read your blog and every day I am in awe at how absolutely magnificent they are. Congrats Archer! You'll be the most fantastic Linus ever!
- kaethendThe babies choose the mamas. I'm sure of it now. #luckyduck
- amberlareeWay to go Archer!!!! You sure are one in a million!!!👍👏🙌
- clairestareIncredible! Congrats Archer! I'll be cheering you on from Memphis!
- megwards_Amazing, Archer! You'll be a wonderful Linus!
- kammyamThis is awesome. I would never have had the guts to try out for a play at his age. My kids are like this, too--much more brave and sure of themselves than I ever was. I wonder how we raised them like this. It's a good thing, right?
- dictatorlunaThis is so wonderful!! Archer seems like such an awesome kid. I'm so happy for you guys!!
- eekabear14Please post video of him singing sometime!
- stacimagnoliaYes yes yes!!!! I started in musical theatre when I was 7 and carried on with it for 11 years! Totally shaped my childhood and I loved every second. I hope Archer finds as much joy and love in it as I did!! Hooray!
- erin.h.scottYay Archer! Go get em!
- naz.kazemeAwesome! Congrats Archer!
Log in to like or comment.