elisasgallery, modarosie, lindanellcates, auntiepami, koneva_nata, melloyellows1, sophiebelledesigns, pieceandjoyquiltingco and samanthaleeolsen like this
redrainbootshandmadeThis weekend has been an extremely emotional one for me. I havent even known how to put into words what happened and how I've felt.
After 3 years of dreaming about "someday" getting a sewing machine like this, in November my husband told me we finally had enough cash saved to look for a used one!
I spent weeks searching eBay, Craigslist and other places looking for a used one at the price we could afford. When I found this one I was elated. After arranging the purchase and sending my payment, I was told it had shipped and was going to arrive this last Friday. However, it never showed up. Through a chain of events we came to realize we had been scammed - our money was gone - and I was crushed.
It's hard to begin to describe all the thoughts and emotions I've had, but even though I'd still love to have a nicer sewing machine someday, the truth that a very powerful God will always give me what is my best has been a cfort to me. (Even though that might mean being content with the many blessings I already have.) And I'm (once again) learning to focus on what's truly important in life and for eternity.
I thought an update was due since I had told some of you awhile back about getting a new machine.
So that was my weekend. Oh yeah - and I helped rip out old windows. =)
- thimbleblossomsThis is heartbreaking! I'm so sorry this happened to you.
- leedledeedleHow horrible! And what a nice way to have a good attitude.
- marshallcarr28I'm SO sorry! ;(. What a broken world we live in
- cecilfamilyI'm so very sorry friend! This saddens me!!! I'm sending love your way! Xoxoxo
- baldydocOh no. Is there any recourse to get the payment back? That is truely horrible .
- sophiebelledesigns@julia_davis7 would you accept help to get your fund going again? It's harder to accept charity than give it I know. The sewing community is truly one of a kind and I'm sure we would all pull together to turn your awful experience around. I love the whole 'paying it forward' concept and believe this would be just that. Them when you are up and running with your machine you could pledge to make a few charity quilts - thus paying it forward again. Have a think and let me know if we can pull together with your blessing yo help a fellow quilter out x
- rxquilterWow, I am sad just reading this now, not sure how I missed the first post. Prayers for God's vengeance upon the darkness who would do such a thing. Thank you for sharing, it may save another person from this scam. Was it on eBay or did you use PayPal? #berninausa goodwill. @berninausa show the love ❤️
- jlbmom3I actually check Craigslist often for berninas. I see scams all the time! Like a new 830 for $1800? Yeah right! So I act like I am going to buy it and email back and forth for a long time. When they tell me that eBay is sending me a personal message (ebay doesn't do that) or if they need my personal info, I flag them and then send them a nasty email. Something along the lines of why don't you get a real job instead of scamming hard working people! So sorry! I know all of us want a #bernina @berninausa
- splendorfallsI think @sophiebelledesigns has the right idea. Just paypal'd you a little bit to get the funds back up for a replacement! Hoping others do the same!
- willowwispcottage@sophiebelledesigns @julia_davis7 I would love to donate a little money for you! Wouldn't it be amazing if we could raise enough for you to get a brand new machine???
- melloyellows1I'd love to help out too:)
- redrainbootshandmade@quiltedkira 👆this post tells the story. 😥
- quiltedkira@julia_davis7 how the heck did I miss this post! This breaks my heart. I am so sorry this happened to you. I am still making payments on mine, and live, I think like you. Only make major purchases when we know we are able to make them work. I know we haven't been chatting that long but I feel like we connected quickly. I would love to help some way. Please email me at quiltedkira at mail dot com I think I have an idea I would love to spearhead for you. Quilters can be some of the most giving and caring people and I feel we could really help!
- redrainbootshandmade@quiltedkira You are so incredibly kind. I haven't responded all day because I haven't known what to say! Yes - when I look at your pictures in your feed I feel so at home with the you, the little ones, the hunting, the love for sewing. =) I have truly been blown away by the responses and concern of so many quilting ladies on IG that I've never met. Their compassion has brought me to years more than once since this happened. Let me talk it over with my husband and I'll email you tomorrow. I never intended for this to appear that I was asking for handouts. But I also don't want to let pride make me seem unreachable. I'm sure you understand. But I'm very touched that you'd have an idea for me, and a little curious.
- quiltedkira@julia_davis7 I'd love to help. My family has been incredibly blessed this year by our Heavenly Father. We have struggled alot in years passed, with money and with our daughter with special needs and are finally feeling that things are going our way. We've been blessed by others and I'd love to pay it forward. Just want to put together a giveforward account to get your fund headed in the right direction.
- quiltedkira@julia_davis7 did you ever email me? I never saw it.
- redrainbootshandmade@quiltedkira I started writing an email to you yesterday and never got it finished! I wasn't sure on your email address. It just said (your name) @mail.com. Is it gmail?
- redrainbootshandmadeOk. I just emailed you! @quiltedkira
- amydunnI don't know how I missed this! I'm so very sorry my sweet friend! 😘😘😘
Log in to like or comment.