sephora#DidYouKnow? Washing w/ cleansing oil is one of the most delicate but effective ways to remove makeup & impurities. #DareToOil (Tap for credits!)
- angelap66REN is the best! #SkinSaver
- kiss_see@carolynglassberg Sephora agrees with me.
- andreamaterka85The sea berry oil from Fresh is amazing!
- shadin223I read that oil is good. But im so chicken cuz of my oily skin!
- shadin223@hedia60 i read that oil is good, but im so chicken cuz of my oily skin!
- jenmoyjenmoy@shadin223 No need to fear! I have oily/combo skin too and I was fearful of oils too and unconvinced that it would remove makeup (the only thing I'm concerned about) the best, until I got a small bottle of Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil And my whole perspective changed! It removed all my makeup, including waterproof products, better than my other face washes, which were all oil-free. I wondered how and why an oil works, then I remembered back in HS chemistry about solubility of ionic solvents: "like dissolves in like". Polar molecules will be attracted other polar molecules. Oils are polar molecules, which are found in cleansing oils and some makeup products, especially waterproof products since they contain wax (oil derivative). When you put the 2 together you get a pool of happy molecules mingling with each other, or rather "dissolving" in each other's presence. Your face also produces natural oils (sometimes too much, ugh) to lubricate the skin, so if you use a cleansing oil it will strip most it off.
- jenmoyjenmoyThat's why it's crucial to use a moisturizer after every wash. I don't like to use creams or ones with too many oils, instead i prefer gels (absorbs quickly too so no wait time) such as Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief.
- slumberportyJust purchased Josie Maran for my oily skin. Soo good!
- brittjnoel@jenmoyjenmoy You should work in marketing for @sephora haha sold me👌😉
- shadin223Thank you @jenmoyjenmoy ☺️☺️ ill give it a try and let you know.. Do you need to use any face wipes after the oil for any excess?
- jenmoyjenmoy@shadin223 You're very welcome and yes keep me updated 😊. No need for face wipes, warm water takes it all off...do several rinses until you don't feel anymore product. I usually do this routine in the shower after my day has ended. Warmth from shower will help to open your pores too...I do several massaging circles, for about a minute or two. If you're still concerned about makeup/excess face oils left over, use toner to do the final sweep.
- jenmoyjenmoy@brittnoelxo Haha thank you 😊. I would love to. Cheers!
- lorrain_annette_24@jdynastydoll I need thisbi have oily skin
- _sincerelychic_@lorrain_melvin_4life I'm the opposite i have dry skin lmao
- millerette5The REN balm is currently my favorite skin product!
- dollfacedxLooks good enough to eat
- natalie.salguero@_foreversmall cleansing oils , NOT baby oil
- loveforcosmeticnatural beauty cleansing, cannot wait to try
Log in to like or comment.