theradavistPart of what I'm doing for the AWOL project is documenting the bikes. Here's @hellhommus' own creation - one of one. More to come!
- nafetythis is quite different than what ur normally doing! #outofthecomfortzone
- alexwrenchesDi2 alfine mmmmmmmmm
- geoffreycolburnCome say hi if you're around!
- mikenordo@pntmagazine agreed! This bike is a beast! @johnprolly
- darcycleWatched the movie episodes last night, great story.
- jasonperryphotoMuch envy, sir. Looks like a really fun project. Say "hey" if you're in town for a minute.
- pug_soigneurNice rack!
- haleryanAny info on that rack?
- akirsfelds@haleryan it's made by soma
- haleryan@akirsfelds thank you, I appreciate it.
- theradavist@akirsfelds @haleryan no it's not. It's a Specialized rack
- akirsfelds@johnprolly ah, looked quite similar on a small screen before morning coffee...
- gomeansgo@johnprolly what's the thought on an "adventure bike" with only a front rack? Good looking townie bike, though. Seems like a good application for the belt.
- haleryan@johnprolly thanks for the correction.
- theradavist@gomeansgo wait, what do you mean only a front rack? There's a rear rack - but loading the rear sucks - especially for off road. All the weight should be up front and low. Besides, these guys rode London to Istanbul unsupported, fully loaded like that.
- theradavist@gomeansgo and we did plenty of fire road / dirt blasting fully loaded. No 'townie' can do that. This is a long wheelbase, big tire clearance, mid trail bike. With hydro disc brakes. What else do you want?
- gomeansgo@johnprolly I am for some reason not seeing a rear rack on this bike. I must be getting old... As for front weight travel- I guess it's preference. When I've traveled off road I prefer to have more even distribution. But I've also ridden from Oakland to Santa Cruz with everything in a wald basket- so I know it can be done. 😉 thanks for the clarification.
- theradavist@gomeansgo yeah production bikes all come with a rear rack. Wald baskets are the jam! And besides what the hell is 'adventure' anyway these days ;-)
- gomeansgo@johnprolly "adventure" is what's for sale anymore, I'm afraid... #runwatchabrung #dontbuyupgrades #rideupgrades
Log in to like or comment.