usfwsIn cooperation with the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho Tribes, Wyoming Wetland Society, #USFWS Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program, and Wyoming Game and Fish Department, five trumpeter swan cygnets were released at Alkali Lake near Ft. Washakie, #Wyoming on the Wind River Indian Reservation. Our hope is that this release will help re-establish breeding swans east of the Continental Divide and open a new chapter for this magnificent bird. Photo: Sierra Pingree releasing a trumpeter #swan by Pat Hnilicka #WY #Tribe #birds #wildlife #conservation #instanature
- thesundaedriver@lostpyramid forget runner ducks!
- howserholdings@anthony_vaughn1 #quack #quack
- neytv4vrGreat news and project for the Wind River Tribes! 👍
- vegasblingOh wow!
- michellemarie1992So cool 😊
- nortalie@peeean #datneck
- critterkillerCome out to my part of Minnesota we have more Trumpeters then we know what to do with practically. Good to see them making a come back in other parts of the county though!
- dolphin9zI'm not sure I would want that swan's bill so easily accessible to my face haha! ;)
- malcolm_martinBeautiful... Thankyou
- gop_nationThat's is the most beautiful bird I have ever seen!
Log in to like or comment.