nineteenfiftyoneAs we embrace a new year, please take a moment with me to remember all of those forced from their homes, their villages, and their countries who are embracing new lives as refugees.// Today I think of my friend Jabralla who taught me more than anybody else about what it means to be a refugee in Yida, South Sudan. As South Sudan remains embroiled in violence, on the verge of civil war, Nuban refugees from Sudan were forced to make an impossible decision between returning home to "the bombs of Sudan" or remain with "the bullets of South Sudan."// I don't know where Jabralla is or what he and his family decided to do. With no way to reach him, I must trust that his endless supply of resilience has helped keep him and his loved ones safe. // I post this in Jabralla's name in honor of the resilience of the millions of people displaced around the world today. May 2014 bring you HOME.
- kateth325Great photo, great message!
- b_burgThis is amazing.
- i_spy5Honoured to take that moment with you. Keep up the good work. And stay safe.
- 56thoughtsThis is so absolutely beautiful. Bless you and thank you for sharing.
- folkfibersAlways swells my heart to read your posts. Happy new year to you and your loved ones.
- westpartyoffiveWhat a sweet face that man has. God bless him.
- runner_007Thank you for sharing
- ali_shahabAmin. Peace and stability for all. Happy New Year!
- rainbowsaltBeautiful heart.
- voicephotos@nineteenfiftyone if you are interest in our app focus on storytelling. Let me know. Love your fotos
- elobed1May we not complain about not having " things"... Thank you for sharing your story... May G.D bring peace and stability to the South Sudunese people
- sarah_frsyI wish I could help as you did but I can't find a way to get into UNHCR :(
- murlindzYou are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your stories and photos!
- sticksandstripesThank you for all that you do🙏
Log in to like or comment.